Gen 2 Razor 3-18 vs VX6HD 3-18

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
As the title asks, has anyone done a comparison between these two? I am having a really hard time deciding which way to go but I know I want one of these two. I have contemplated the Nightforce as well, but I really have no experience with one and always have been a fan of Vortex and Leupold.

My main use will be hunting on top of a 300 Rum, but I also enjoy target shooting and can see myself shooting at distance for fun from time to time. I know the Vortex is heavier but on top of my Sendero rifle Im not sue weight is the concern any longer.......can anyone help me or guide the decision one way or the other? I love the FFP reticle of the vortex, and am wary of SFP of the Leupold just because I want to enjoy my time shooting and I feel like the FFP will be easier to learn and use, but I also realize the SFP Leupold would probably easier to hunt with overall.

Any help is appreciated!

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
I've played with both quite a bit but never shot them side by side. Leupold has better glass IMO and I like the turret design better for hunting. I also much prefer the eyebox on the leupold and feel that the overall design is easier to use and handle. I would take a hard look at the MARK 5HD for leupold. 3.6x18. Its short, lightweight, great glass, and is the FFP that you are looking for. I think they are around 1800.