Geissele Super 700 Equivalent?

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the super 700 is still in a state of redesign (discontinued) - is there an equivalent, particularly as it relates to drop safety? Rifle will be used by a kid so I’m being particular.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I researched extensively and couldn’t find a close second. Ended up overpaying on the classifieds. Incredibly difficult to source. Many frauds online.

-J

OP
wirehead

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
I researched extensively and couldn’t find a close second. Ended up overpaying on the classifieds. Incredibly difficult to source. Many frauds online.

-J
Man that’s way too bad… I’ll try to get an email out to Giessele customer support and see if there is any new info.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Looks like the super 700 is still in a state of redesign (discontinued) - is there an equivalent, particularly as it relates to drop safety? Rifle will be used by a kid so I’m being particular.

The only one that has proven to be remotely close is-

OP
wirehead

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider

Form for the big win. Thank you! Will check it out a bit.

Is that a real CG Jackson Mod 22 or someone trying to recreate it? The URL says "copy of" and I'm not sure what that means. I've heard good things about the real thing though.

Also, side thing. People have mentioned you can use a Sako TRG two-stage in a Tikka. Is that true, and if so, where would I go about finding where to buy a Sako TRG trigger group?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Is that a real CG Jackson Mod 22 or someone trying to recreate it? The URL says "copy of" and I'm not sure what that means. I've heard good things about the real thing though.

It’s a legit Mod 22.

Also, side thing. People have mentioned you can use a Sako TRG two-stage in a Tikka. Is that true, and if so, where would I go about finding where to buy a Sako TRG trigger group?

Yes they will fit, however finding one is difficult. However, KRG is back making their Midas trigger, and that is a near 1 to 1 copy.

OP
wirehead

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider

Wow they are proud of it. $350 is almost halfway to a new Tikka. A bit hard to justify….

Wow they are proud of it. $350 is almost halfway to a new Tikka. A bit hard to justify….
That's a pretty normal price for a premium R700 pattern two-stage. My BnA Pro-X two-stage cost $350, a TT Diamond two-stage is $345, a Huber two-stage is $310, and a Tubb T7T two-stage is $350.

OP
wirehead

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
That's a pretty normal price for a premium R700 pattern two-stage. My BnA Pro-X two-stage cost $350, a TT Diamond two-stage is $345, a Huber two-stage is $310, and a Tubb T7T two-stage is $350.
Good point re: 2 stage. I shouldn’t be so critical.

My goal isn’t necessarily a 2 stage for 2 stage reasons just a safe trigger for use by my kids.

OP
wirehead

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
…which brings up a question I have. Why do you have (a fair assumption) such a strong preference for 2 stage?

…which brings up a question I have. Why do you have (a fair assumption) such a strong preference for 2 stage?
The honest answer to that is I'm not yet a good enough shooter with the ability to shoot single stages and two-stages equally well. I shoot two-stage triggers much better than single stage triggers and have for years. From a personal feeling perspective I find them easier to feel when there's only a little more pressure needed to break the shot.

I happen to just prefer two-stage triggers but I realize I'm in the minority on that. Form has remarked that in R700 triggers especially, having a two-stage is nice because the first stage clears debris/ice. If you're looking for a tangible justification.

I've used Huber two-stages up to this point (they're not true two-stage, actually staged-break). For my PRS-style match rifle I have arriving in a couple weeks, I have the BnA Tacsport Pro-X two-stage on deck and ready to try out. I haven't tried the TT Diamond two-stage but I did just sell a TT Diamond single stage I had lying around. I dislike the complete lack of overtravel on TriggerTechs but I admit that a lot of people love them.

OP
wirehead

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
The honest answer to that is I'm not yet a good enough shooter with the ability to shoot single stages and two-stages equally well. I shoot two-stage triggers much better than single stage triggers and have for years. From a personal feeling perspective I find them easier to feel when there's only a little more pressure needed to break the shot.

I happen to just prefer two-stage triggers but I realize I'm in the minority on that. Form has remarked that in R700 triggers especially, having a two-stage is nice because the first stage clears debris/ice. If you're looking for a tangible justification.

I've used Huber two-stages up to this point (they're not true two-stage, actually staged-break). For my PRS-style match rifle I have arriving in a couple weeks, I have the BnA Tacsport Pro-X two-stage on deck and ready to try out. I haven't tried the TT Diamond two-stage but I did just sell a TT Diamond single stage I had lying around. I dislike the complete lack of overtravel on TriggerTechs but I admit that a lot of people love them.
and that makes perfect sense to me. A smooth 2 stage is a thing of beauty and probably an all around better setup for a hunting rig.. or maybe that’s a highly contested topic? Probably is… I’ve just never ran one - outside of an AR - probably because they are just not that prevalent on factory rifles.

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
good timing with this thread, i was just looking for a super 700