Geigerrig pressurized bladder and inline filter?

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking about picking one of these units up but I have not seen many online reviews of actual use.

Does anyone run this set up? If so how do you like it?

bandit1

FNG
I've got the bladder and like it a lot. I also have the inline filter and plan on using it come aug/sept. it is a very clean installation, the filter is small and just snaps into the bottom port of the bladder. You can create a pretty good amount of pressure with the pump and I have no doubt that it will deliver water under pressure even with the filter hooked up.

OP
GrantMan

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
I gave the bladder and filter a good work out this weekend on a scouting trip. The weather was warmer than normal and I drank a lot of water through it.

Initial impressions are good. The best feature was being able to dunk the bladder in the creek and fill it up in seconds. I could probably live without the pressurized system as I had no problem sucking water though the tube without pumping up the air in the bladder. Having said that being able to squirt water out of the drink tube is a nice feature.

I have a winter desert sheep hunt coming up and the Geigerrig system gives me the opportunity to have the inline filter inside my pack, thus a less of a chance of freezing. I have a feeling these inline bladder filters are going to eliminate a lot of pumping in the future of outdoor activities.