Gear organization ideas.

Amincey34

FNG
Looking for some gear organization ideas for off-season stuff. I have a duffel bag I want to set up with all of my elk hunting stuff and looking for some smaller bags and was curious what kind of systems work for you guys. I was looking at the mystery ranch zoid line or Kuiu game bags/ stuff sacks. Something that will keep everything organized at basecamp and an easy transition to pack. Appreciate the info in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
I've got a system of plastic toat bins as well. Started out with 1 that I kept all my hunting gear in.
Then 1 for clothes and 1 for other gear.
Then 1 for clothes, 1 for food, 1 for other gear.
Then 1 for insulation layers, 1 for outler layers, 1 for base layers, 1 for food, 1 for optics, 1 for gaitors/snowshoes, 1 for shelters, 1 for pads, 1 for sleeping bags....... you get the picture. 😃

But its a real handy way to keep things organized and labeled. Its easy to gab a couple and head for the hills.

MTtrout

WKR
I like utility shelves. I have several and adjust the shelves to fit bins, hang packs and such. My clothes are hung in the closet. The ones I have are the $100 husky’s that are roughly 78”x4’x24ish. I also have the large black bins with yellow lids that just fits in the 4’ shelve to store sleeping bags and mats semi-inflated. I also have another shelve that’s more of a kitchen rack to store meat processing stuff and a few other items. Works good

Wapiti1

WKR
Rubbermaid or equivalent totes. Marked early season, and late-season. Camping gear is used year round, so it has a shelf and a tote that gets loaded with what I need at the time.

Jeremy

jp08ee

FNG
My system seems to expand every year. It's a system of totes and bins like every one else. But I can never seem to keep it as organized as I like though. Once I get it working I get more gear and makes for more/different sized totes. It feels like neverending chaos and my wife makes fun of me for always "playing" with my hunting gear 😅

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a room...or two in the basement. I can never find what I’m looking for but it’s amazing some of the $hit I come across when I’m digging. Then my wife yells at me cause I have to buy new stuff.

I use bins. for just my hunting stuff I have bins for backpacks, camping gear, calls/decoys, first aide/kill kit/ knives, archery. I keep my clothing in the house and my sleeping bag. Everything else is organized in bins on shelves in the garage. I tried the duffle bag thing for a while (10 or so years). I was always losing stuff or misplacing it. Now with my labeled totes, down to how many bandages, I am way more organized and can spend my time hunting game not gear.

grfox92

WKR
Plano Sportsmans storage chests. I havent bought them yet, but they are perfect. They interlock for stacking and have a latched waterproof lid.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I like the black tubs too. I got tired of stacking them, so I built this. A fee are empty for future items.

Similar set up. Base and mid layers in one, outer layers in another, gloves hats gaitors in another, predator hunting bin, optics and scopes bin, trail cameras and electronics bin, knives and sharpeners, boots and boot care, water supplies and food related stuff, tents and bedding bin. Of course different sized bins.

I know a lot of guys don’t like compression sacks but I like them for organization around camp. Sleeping bag sack, tent sack and sleeping pad sack all work for organizing food, gear and clothing at camp. Makes it way quicker to get what I’m after and way less likely to misplace stuff. Might be different for guys who load their camp into their pack every morning but I hike in and set up kind of a base/spike camp and it works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DuckDogDr

WKR
Planning on doing something similar this spring for spring cleaning.
One thing I’m planning on doing is creating a laminated spreadsheet / list of everything inside