Gear, gear, and more gear…

Somehow I feel like I’m over packing, yet, I don’t feel like I am….

Clothes in dry bag x 2
Tent
Sleep system in evac dry bags x 2
Digital cam
10x12 tarps x2
Utility bag with miscellaneous (duct tape, zip ties, electrical tape, bore snake, oil, para cord, and extra ultralight stakes, etc
Hygiene kit x2
Kill kit x2
First aid kit
Cook kit
Thermos x2
Nalgene x2
Katadyn hiker pro filtration pump
Repair kit
Fire starter kit
Glassing pad x2
Helinox chair x2
Silky saw
Wyoming bone saw
Sill tarp for glassing
Fly rod and lures
Spinning rod and lures
Fish net
Spotting scope
Carbon tripod
Anker charger x2
Bino harness x2
Rifles x2
Trekking poles x2
Waders x2
Food for 15 days x 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
Good list.
I brought a collapsible bucket when I went to Alaska moose hunting. Invaluable

Also brought more than 2 tarps.

OP
ddavis_1313
Good list.
I brought a collapsible bucket when I went to Alaska moose hunting. Invaluable

Also brought more than 2 tarps.

I have to pack all of what I have plus a raft and raft frame to a river from our drop off spot….

I don’t want to bring anything else….

OP
ddavis_1313
If it was me I would ditch the fishing net, does it really matter if they slip away, bring one rod, ditch Nalgene for smart water bottle but pretty tight list of misc camp gear.

I’m fly fishing and wife is using a spinning rig. Any chance I get to bust out my fly rod I’m gonna take it! I live in Texas. Fly fishing there isn’t the same. As far as the net, it’s small.

OP
ddavis_1313
So you post a list of your gear and poopoo other thoughts?

Why ?

I started this thread as a conversation. I was more concerned that I was forgetting something. Part of this trip is fishing. We are on a river that can be quite abundant. I didn’t realize I was poopooing bc I want to fly fish and am taking a small net to avoid getting fish smell all over me. I’d like to keep bears away from me and my pregnant wife if possible. I always appreciate feedback and do take anything told to me into consideration. This is our first time doing a hunt trip this remote and for this length of time. I left stuff off my list in order to bring a very few comfort/luxury items like helinox chairs, a fly rod, and fish net.

cnelk

WKR
^^^
Good deal and good luck.
I’ve been to Alaska hunting 3 times. Each time I came back a whole lot wiser.

I’m sure you will too.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I think you only need one saw. I bring the silky saw and have no problems with cutting branches or skull. I brought both my first time to alaska and got sick of switching blades with the wyoming saw and did everything with the silky saw but i think you could ditch one. Outside of that our gear lists look pretty much identical! I'm headed out sunday and can't wait!! good luck to you guys!

I know you have rifles listed, but put ammo on your checklist. It seems like a no-brainer, but you don't want to overlook that in a late night packing and re-packing session. Throw licenses and locking tags on there as well.

If you have an InReach, make sure to put that on the list, along with the charging cable and be certain you download the updates on there and your phone before the trip.

Download offline maps and consider a paper topo of your area.

OP
ddavis_1313
I think you only need one saw. I bring the silky saw and have no problems with cutting branches or skull. I brought both my first time to alaska and got sick of switching blades with the wyoming saw and did everything with the silky saw but i think you could ditch one. Outside of that our gear lists look pretty much identical! I'm headed out sunday and can't wait!! good luck to you guys!

Thanks. I may leave that Wyoming behind. We are about to head to the transporter and fly out! Good luck on your moose adventure as well!

OP
ddavis_1313
I know you have rifles listed, but put ammo on your checklist. It seems like a no-brainer, but you don't want to overlook that in a late night packing and re-packing session. Throw licenses and locking tags on there as well.

If you have an InReach, make sure to put that on the list, along with the charging cable and be certain you download the updates on there and your phone before the trip.

Download offline maps and consider a paper topo of your area.

Thanks for the reminder! These were the first ticket items!