Gas Vehicles - Are you concerned new Biden Admin EPA regulations on gas vehicle emissions will restrict or negatively impact your ability to hunt?

Will the new restriction on gas power vehicle emission negatively impact your hunting?y

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ19

WKR

Please limit any commentary to how or why these regulations will impact your hunt(s).

Wyo_hntr

WKR
No.

I didn't read anywhere in that article where these changes were law, passed by congress. These are edicts, policies, that can be changed with the stroke of a pen it seems.

Hopefully a new administration can and will nix these climate alarmist policies.

I don’t see this hurting me anytime SOON.

That’s the key word.

All these new rules are already changing what the car makers are building.

That’s why you are seeing the uptick in hybrid trucks and SUV’s in my opinion.

Toyota has done a great job building hybrid vehicles in the past, so that would be the brand I would choose if down the road I had to buy a hybrid truck.

These rules affect new vehicles, so I think it would be 20-30 years at the soonest before you really wouldn’t be able to get the gas vehicle you need for hunting.

I am thinking my 2021 non turbo gas engine Tacoma will hold value similar to what has happened with older diesel trucks pre 2007.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
No. I work in the auto industry. People are wising up to the scam of electric vehicles. The automakers are struggling to sell any of them but the Teslas, which is what should have happened…leave Elon with his niche market, not FORCE by government mandate people to buy incredibly expensive and inefficient vehicles for 99% of Americans. If FJoe was serious about doing anything but destroying the auto, energy, and transportation/logistics industries in America they would be popping nuclear plants in every few hundred miles along with the infrastructure to provide the energy to all these charging stations.

Biggest scam since global warming and I sure do hope all the automakers who have put an incredible amount of capital into it can survive.

Next you’ll see guys with a portable generator to charge their cars then a freezer on the way home I think people would adapt. Closest charging station to me is 95 miles. Think they would be pretty dumb to enforce it.

IDVortex

WKR
No. I work in the auto industry. People are wising up to the scam of electric vehicles. The automakers are struggling to sell any of them but the Teslas, which is what should have happened…leave Elon with his niche market, not FORCE by government mandate people to buy incredibly expensive and inefficient vehicles for 99% of Americans. If FJoe was serious about doing anything but destroying the auto, energy, and transportation/logistics industries in America they would be popping nuclear plants in every few hundred miles along with the infrastructure to provide the energy to all these charging stations.

Biggest scam since global warming and I sure do hope all the automakers who have put an incredible amount of capital into it can survive.
The best form of energy is something you mentioned, but it's looked down upon as a evil step child.

I’d prefer they lose their a$$es. “Play stupid games win stupid prizes” works. But we all know, thanks to the superstitious belief in government, they are too big to fail.

When the EV's make sense then they'll sell. As things stand now, they're not there yet. Government interference in the free market is never going to change that.

Everyone thinks they're so progressive unless they look at where the cobalt or lithium comes from.

Not being able to charge in the middle of nowhere would be the biggest reason I wouldn't be interested in an EV personally.

Bluefish

WKR
I voted no as by the time they have a real impact or if it even happens I won’t be doing any hunting that requires long range.
I have owned an ev, two in fact. Don’t own either anymore. Todays tech just isn’t there for corner cases in the Midwest. It simply can’t get the job done.

Macintosh

WKR
I worry a lot more about my ability to tow my boat. But with charging stations few and far between I dont see electric being viable outside cities for a long time, just dont think its realistic to force that without the infrastructure to support it.
Also, auto sales are a game of equity and credit. If people’s used cars no longer had ANY value, it would drastically lower their ability to buy a new vehicle, and it would eliminate a while generation of used autos from being an asset. Frankly, I dont think enough people can afford a new car without getting a sizeable $$$$$ for their used car, to facilitate anything resembling a rapid shift. Based on that alone, even if electric was the way of the future, I dont see a transition being possible quickly.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I worry a lot more about my ability to tow my boat. But with charging stations few and far between I dont see electric being viable outside cities for a long time, just dont think its realistic to force that without the infrastructure to support it.
Also, auto sales are a game of equity and credit. If people’s used cars no longer had ANY value, it would drastically lower their ability to buy a new vehicle, and it would eliminate a while generation of used autos from being an asset. Frankly, I dont think enough people can afford a new car without getting a sizeable $$$$$ for their used car, to facilitate anything resembling a rapid shift. Based on that alone, even if electric was the way of the future, I dont see a transition being possible quickly.

Autoworker here bought a F-150 Lightning. Hooked his trailer up to drive up north to go camping. Made it 27 miles.

Beendare

WKR
Nationally, I think common sense will prevail eventually.

I am concerned with Ca. They are forging ahead with EV tech in every aspect of life- never mind they don't have enough electricity to power everything and they are buying it from out of state. We have the highest power rates in the US already- and getting worse. My Kw/hr rate avg is $.46

CA is pushing to outlaw gas lawn mowers and power equipment- Ag equipment too. A back of the envelope calc on what it would take for all of this to happen- including EV semi trucks and any common sense person realizes it's ridiculous, we would need something like a minimum of 40% more power....though the folks running the show in CA will be the last to know.

I did buy a new gas quad updating my 20yr old model- while I still can! Kawasaki and Yamaha stopped selling quads in CA due to the states special restrictions- it's a thing here.

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
I fully expect my 2nd generation tundra will still be alive and kicking beyond 2032. By then I'll probably need a second job, given its bad habit of burning through dead dinosaurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.