Gas cans suck

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Oh Boy, I think I gave my opinions on this on another thread. This has been one of the most irritating things ever. Thanks California. I use the VP racing cans and have found a website that sells normal, replacement spouts for my older plastic cans.

OK, you got me started.

I once bought one of the new "no-spill" spouted cans and spilled more gas in the first month than cumulatively in my entire life and threw the damned thing away.

I am not happy about this, BTW.

Wallower

FNG
Yep. They made it so a kid can't pick up the can and guzzle fuel. As a result, you can't pick up the can a pour fuel. Maybe cans should have a new warning saying it will spill gas when trying to use.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
Why not just put gas straight into the race can?
When I go hunting I used to take 20-25 gallons in the crappy emission compliant cans and then my one race can. Much cheaper than 5-6 race cans but they make a mess. Now with the 15gal tanks its much easier to fill the race can versus hauling the big tank over to the machine (we stash our fuel out of sight).

I got lazy. I bought a $25 battery operated pump from Amazon. I just stick it in the can and fill the machine up. It even has a auto shut off when the tank is full. Everyone laughs until they use it once then they ask for the Amazon link To buy one. I bought some basic gas can caps , also from Amazon to replace the ridiculous spout system on the six new cans I came into this summer. They just screw on and have an O ring. They have no spout but work great with my pump system. They seal up great with no leakage.

Prior to my pump I used a nice funnel with a screen in it to fill my atvs. With either system I don't spill any fuel on me or my equipment.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
As others have stated a lot of the problems came from lawsuits, a lot of container companies have been forced out of business because of large settlements. For an example just google Blitz gas cans. I also use Eagle safety gas cans, they ain’t cheap but they work.

HoneyDew

WKR
I got lazy. I bought a $25 battery operated pump from Amazon. I just stick it in the can and fill the machine up. It even has a auto shut off when the tank is full. Everyone laughs until they use it once then they ask for the Amazon link To buy one. I bought some basic gas can caps , also from Amazon to replace the ridiculous spout system on the six new cans I came into this summer. They just screw on and have an O ring. They have no spout but work great with my pump system. They seal up great with no leakage.

Prior to my pump I used a nice funnel with a screen in it to fill my atvs. With either system I don't spill any fuel on me or my equipment.
So you posted just to rub it in? SMH no link? 😂

Always wondered if the dip shits that regulated that gas cans and spouts suck took into account all the environmental pollution from spilled gas that occurs while using these dumb ass things. Anywho….

I have had good luck moving fuel around with shaker siphons. I put the fan on the truck bed or on top of the bed cover to get the height I need to siphon into the machine.

Those "New spouts" are not designed to help you pour gas more efficiently, they are designed not to leak if the can falls over. It created a fire hazard when a can fell over, nobody noticed, and over time fuel leaked out and combusted. They don't care about the leaking fuel that spills everywhere when you try to just pour gas out of the can to fill your machine.

Mosby

WKR
3 pages in. At least I’m not alone.
That's because people on here actually use gas cans and understand what works and what doesn't. Small things around the house we use frequently are important. Cars, trucks, mowers, chainsaws, trimmers, atv's. We use them all. People that make the laws don't drive, don't mow and wouldn't know which end of a chainsaw to hold on too. They hire people. I saw an article a few years ago that Hillary Clinton hasn't driven a car since 1986. That's why we have gas cans that suck. It doesn't affect them.

TFrank

WKR

I was looking at those

SWOHTR

WKR
I just take the stupid spout off, put a funnel in the gas fill, and pour away…

Other things I don’t like:
-vapor trapper on most gas pumps
-Rhode Island’s rules where you have to hold the handle on the gas pump because the latch was removed.