Garmont Tower Trek Initial Impressions

HeadnWest

WKR
Garmont Tower Trek Initial Impressions and review video

Just to give you a background I am looking for a boot for early season elk hunting in Idaho. Here is what I am looking for out of a boot:*Under 3.5lbs. • Full rand • Must be waterproof • Good ankle support • Good lacing system • Under $350

The Garment Tower Trek fit all those categories. In a size 9 it actually came in at 2 lbs. 14.3 oz.!!! IMOP This is an excellent boot! The first thing that stood out to me was the great finish on these boots. The rich chocolate colored suede leather, full rand and Vibram sole really make this boot look like a high end hand crafted boot. The ankle support is good and the boots sock fit with Schoeller material and lacing system really keeps your foot in place. These boots are about a medium flex, I would not consider them a stiff boot, but they are much stiffer then a flexible hiking boot. These are a little higher cut of boot that I am used to but I believe that will help with ankle support. This boot fits great in a 9, but I would like to try a 9.5 as it is a little tight with a medium weight sock. All in all this is a great boot and I do believe it will be a keeper. Can't wait to get it out side to see how they perform. I would like to try on a few others before I make up my mind so I will be posting other reviews. If you have any questions, make sure to ask.

Garmont Tower Trek GTX Review - YouTube

Men's Tower Trek GTX(R) | Garmont North America

Attachments

• IMG_5232.jpg
    IMG_5232.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5231.jpg
    IMG_5231.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5233.jpg
    IMG_5233.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Ronb

WKR
Just ordered a pair from REI! Nice boot. Thanks for the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk