Garmin Xero A1i vs A1i Pro

For anyone who has used both models, do you think the A1i pro is worth the extra money? Looking at used sights for next year and I’ve seen an A1i for $600 and a pro for $950. I used the A1 a few seasons ago and after using a 3 pin slider this year I’m ready to switch back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mthayr

WKR
If micro adjust and quick setup are important to you, then yes. If you've ever clipped a branch because you didn't correctly guess the flight apex of your arrow, then yes. If you shoot competitions like TAC where longer-than-hunting distances are shot, then yes. If you travel with your bow and want to easily be able to take off your sight, then yes.

If none of these apply to you, then no.

OP
cody21peterson
That’s good info thank you! On average how much more distance can you get with the pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gburk

WKR
A1i is great but it is annoying that it doesn’t fit in my bow case and I have to hold my mouth a certain way when reattaching it to keep the same poi. And the range isn’t great, about 70ish on my setup. Other than that, love it.

A1i should be available for about $450, I think is what I paid.

mthayr

WKR
how much more distance can you get with the pro
As much as you have clearance on the sight housing for your fletching. You turn on extra distance mode and tell the sight how many clicks down you turned the elevation adjustment; it recalculates the pin stack. Functionality is similar to a slider, just not as simple. Not bad though if you're only using it a few times a year for competitions. My setup (70# - 29.5" dl - 500 gr. arrow) gets me to 67 yards when not in this mode - plenty enough for hunting.