Garmin Fenix watch. Best bang for the buck

Luked

WKR
I'm looking at getting a Fenix watch. What is the beat bang for the buck with these? They have a ton of different options.

Mainly wanting to use for hunting and training.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I'd look at a newer refurbished model. I've had the fenix 2 for several years and its performed well. I just upgraded to the instinct (refurb for $150 and change) and I am super happy with it so far!

Wapiti151

WKR
I have the 6x Pro and love it. I had the instinct as well and no comparison. I wouldn't worry about the sapphire or the solar models. The solar adds next to no battery life if you look at the details, and my non sapphire face has been through the ringer on hunts over the last two years. I think it has once actual scratch, but is hardly visible.

I'm looking at getting a Fenix watch. What is the beat bang for the buck with these? They have a ton of different options.

Mainly wanting to use for hunting and training.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’m sure you can find deals on any of previous models, i have the 5 sapphire I got a couple years ago, it’s been great and I got it on sale for around 350 I think… just do some browsing and you’ll find deals on some models

id_jon

WKR
I like my 5x sapphire. Have had it for almost 4 years now, the sapphire glass still looks new, and I wear it while roofing. It does have some weird hiccups every once in a while, usually a connection issue, but its always been solved just by restarting it.

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 5X Plus Sapphire. 2 Weeks and it needs another charge. I have used the map function and it works great. I do not use all the options to the max.

My other watch is a Mudmaster solar. That watch is a beast and never have to worry about power, the solar charger works great. I wish the Garmin Solar option worked as good.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
DC Rainmaker has a bunch of comparisons and reviews across the different models.

I have an Instinct and it does everything I need it to: easy to read display and time, track runs/hikes/MTB rides, and basic smartphone notifications. Battery life is about 5-7 days with 30-45 minute of GPS/day. It lacks features of the Fenix series, but the Instinct2 Solar seems to be very close.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I have the 6x Pro and love it. I had the instinct as well and no comparison. I wouldn't worry about the sapphire or the solar models. The solar adds next to no battery life if you look at the details, and my non sapphire face has been through the ringer on hunts over the last two years. I think it has once actual scratch, but is hardly visible.
100% same experience. I wear mine in the shop, field, under the truck...the pro glass is tough. I added a $50 titanium band and it's been on my wrist for ever since. The silicone band messed with me and would get nasty. This titanium band looks as good as my boulova and is quiet and tough.

5x sapphire here, about 4 years. I use it as a backup on hunts and typically will set a waypoint at the truck, or camp sit or wherever we start. It does a decent job of making a breadcrumb trail, but wouldn't want to use as my primary navigation unit. I use it for workouts and mostly for mountain biking, hiking and running. My only real complaint is the charging port. You have to make sure it is uber clean and even at that the cable doesn't fit up well. Just have to play with it a bit to get it to connect. My battery life isn't as good as it used to be but I still get 7 days or so between charges, depending on workout activity, but as stated it is 4 years old.

jd1006

WKR
I’ve got the Felix 6 Sapphire. It’s awesome. I rarely take it off and after a year it still looks brand new. I didn’t like how large the 6X was, the 6 is the sweet spot for me. Has every feature, and you can add a lot of sensors if you want to create more data fields (I like the temp sensor). Amazon has deals on Garmin during their Prime Day…I got mine for $250 off. My last Garmin watch went 6 plus years and I only upgraded because it was lacking a couple of features I really wanted.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Fenix, I have the 6 sapphire and it’s great, more watch then I need but I like the maps, running, biking, hunting, I wear it all the time. traded up from the instinct for the map and a couple things. Instinct was great also.