Garmin A1i pro

codym

WKR
I want to upgrade my sight this year. Been running a spot hog Hogg it 7 pin since ever. I only really elk hunt out west and some fun 3d stuff. This thing looks awesome, downfalls? Other recs? I want to be able to shoot out to 100 on targets I can get 90 on my current fixed pin setup.

OP
C

codym

WKR
In nm the only thing I can see that may apply is that it can not project light. Would the laser for the rf fall into this category. It doesn’t seem like that’s what the rule is referring to but don’t want to get jammed up on a technicality

state637

WKR
I bought one last year and absolutely love it! The ability to RF with it and then have a pin pop up takes away one movement in the shooting sequence. I took it to WY last year on an elk hunt and had no problems using it. I did have the lens get a little foggy due to the weather conditions one morning but it still functioned. I don't shoot to 100 yds as my current set up is only calibrated to 83 yds but it is spot on. It does have an extended range option which I have not monkeyed with. The big thing for me has been it gives me a confidence boost knowing that I can range a target then if it moves all I have to due is hit the trigger again for a new pin/range. The sight allows you to load several different arrow profiles too. I really like the pro level feature that lights up dots telling you if your bow is level or not. The technology is definitely cool and fun but I also did well using a range finder and a single pin HHA dial sight for years. As far as the laser light question usually that applies to a visible light that is projected onto the target used as an aiming point.

Last edited:

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Like was said, make sure it is legal in whatever State you elk hunt in.
It wouldn't be legal in Idaho, nothing electronic attached to the bow is allowed. Not even a sight light.