Game Bag Recs

First year elk hunting have spent a lot of money on gear already, any recs for solid game bags at a decent price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intunegp

WKR
The Black Ovis Ultralight Pro game bags are on CamoFire regularly (including today) and have done just fine for me packing out multiple elk and deer.

OP
E
Also, I’m sure I’ll get opinionated responses but certain bags are meant for boned out vs meat on bone. Just personal preference? Would it just be safer to get meat on bone bags since I assume they’d be larger?

saskhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I use caribou game bags. They work pretty well and are durable. I use the Wapiti meat on bone sized bags for elk, bear, caribou, deer and antelope. Bone in or not.

Better have slightly larger bags than smaller ones. You might think you will have time to debone something, but plans never survive first contact. You might shoot something late and have to quarter and hang it, bone in, until you can come pack it out later.

There's absolutely no issues with using an oversized bag for deboned meat.

Also, I’m sure I’ll get opinionated responses but certain bags are meant for boned out vs meat on bone. Just personal preference? Would it just be safer to get meat on bone bags since I assume they’d be larger?

I also like caribou bags.

Bags for boneless meat are going to be more narrow to keep the meat from becoming a ball at the bottom. If you put boneless meat in a quarter bag, it will want to sink.

I would suggest you buy bone-in bags and plan to not debone in the field. The bone adds weight but provides structure for packing/hanging/moving around.

The Black Ovis Ultralight Pro game bags are on CamoFire regularly (including today) and have done just fine for me packing out multiple elk and deer.
I just looked at Camofire, and on Amazon. Amazon has the elk bag set for 59.99 plus shipping (62.50 after shipping), where Camofire's sale price on them is $65.99 plus shipping (72.90 after shipping). It sort of makes the Camofire "sale" seem a bit pale.

OP
E
I just looked at Camofire, and on Amazon. Amazon has the elk bag set for 59.99 plus shipping (62.50 after shipping), where Camofire's sale price on them is $65.99 plus shipping (72.90 after shipping). It sort of makes the Camofire "sale" seem a bit pale.

Yeah campfire didn’t seem to be much different than what I found elsewhere I just said screw if and bought argali big game bags. With discount I had they were like 75 and free shipping.

Poser

WKR
Picked up these Orange Aglow bags on clearance and have liked them so far:

intunegp

WKR

That's often true of CamoFire...lots of items they have can be had for the same or even sometimes less money elsewhere. I just listed them because that's where I knew the bags were available...I didn't even know you could buy Black Ovis stuff on Amazon.

That's often true of CamoFire...lots of items they have can be had for the same or even sometimes less money elsewhere. I just listed them because that's where I knew the bags were available...I didn't even know you could buy Black Ovis stuff on Amazon.
I didn't know either, so I checked. Wasn't trying to call anyone out, just found it curious they would undercut themselves on Amazon like that. I like their bags a lot for antelope, deer, and elk. Used Tag bags in AK for the bigger critters.