Gaitors

OP
pyroducksx3
Nope not sure on the Kuiu gaitor, I swear I saw that there were developing some and then decided to wait on the project as they had other stuff going on. But if you heard from "Jason" I assume you are talking about the Jason that is associated with Kuiu then he would obviously know more. I just read a review on the sitkas and the guy said you have to remove your boots to put them on. Does anyone know if that's true?

cmeier117

WKR
Nope not sure on the Kuiu gaitor, I swear I saw that there were developing some and then decided to wait on the project as they had other stuff going on. But if you heard from "Jason" I assume you are talking about the Jason that is associated with Kuiu then he would obviously know more. I just read a review on the sitkas and the guy said you have to remove your boots to put them on. Does anyone know if that's true?

I just talked to Jason (owner of KUIU) last week about the gaiters and he said they are coming out in June sometime. I was curious if you were more on the in than I was about something. ;)

B

bearguide

KENETREK is the one i am going to try b/c my wife gave me a pair for x mas /.i have been using or but they are worn out , but have served well

Lawnboi

WKR
I'll be waiting for the kuiu. Imo those or gaiters are just too loud for bowhunting where I do. I would like to try another brand of non waterproof gaiters that are short to keep my pant legs in. Iv got a pair of or rocky mtn lites but they are a little loud.

I have been using OR since early 90's(best guess) I have not tried any other brand since first using the OR's. I am on my 4th pair now with the history of the others as follows:
First pair had to have velcro resewn as the hook side finally pulled all the threads out of the loop side. After that repair I finally wore through the staps that go under the boot. Uppers also had a couple of holes from abraision....this pair saw a lot of abuse.
Second pair were fairly new when I began also using them snow machining. Traction areas on running boards soon caused several holes.
Third pair was still in good shape when I cinched up the top strap with a little too much aggression and pulled the cam buckle in two. These just need to be taken to someone to sew on a new buckle and they will be good for several more years.
But it was easier to buy the pair I have now going on 3rd year. Still in great shape
OR seems to have cured the initial problem of the velcro stitching. I do think the buckles are a little weak...I consciously take a lighter yank on them now. But I really love the fit and protection of these gaitors. And I wear them alot...even sometimes when I don't really expect snow. I wear Kenetrek boots and a quick dunking(you know...the backwoods ballet move) in 8 or 10 inches of creek with these gaiters on and my feet will consistently still be dry.

Ditto Bear Guide
I have Crocs that arat least 15 years old and mostly patched together from crampon mishaps over the years.
Trying some Kennetreks that my wife got me for Christmas and so far so good.
They are lighter and fit my legs a bit looser than OR, but seem to work fine?