G5 Prime?

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any experience with these? The idea is cool, but don't know anyone with one to now if they actually shoot good.

I've shot everyone they have made besides the target bow and the new alloy. My hunting bow is currently a shift and it drives tacks. I'm a big believer in the dual cam and the way they draw the cables as close to center shot as possible. Once you get used to how to adjust the cam yokes it's the easiest bow I've ever tuned. Best comparison is an elite without cam lean. Not quite as smooth a draw and not quite as much valley out of the box as elite but with tuning you can get them to feel very similar if that's your thing. You can go from almost zero valley to a pretty good sized one with just the limb stops.

That said of you dont have a shop right down the road stay away from them. They refuse to ship me any type of part whatsoever. I had to make a 10 hour round trip to get a warranty set of yoke donuts. And am probably gonna have to make the same trip for some new limb set screws in the next year.

BSeals71

WKR
I just bought a Prime Alloy and love it. Having a second set of backup strings being put on the bow now. Every two years G5 will pay for you to get new strings to the original owner. The bow is probably one of the easiest to tune with a wide variety of spine arrows.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I've got the new Impact and its absolutely amazing to shoot. Tack driver!! Probably gonna buy a alloy too

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Defy. The I-glide seemed to eat up serving for me. It has a smooth draw and solid wall. My poundage was light and the draw was short. This was even after a "super tune". It was a solid bow, just not for me so I moved on. Not bashing at all, I think spec wise the Alloy would be a better fit for me. It came out a year too late though.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I had a Defy. The I-glide seemed to eat up serving for me. It has a smooth draw and solid wall. My poundage was light and the draw was short. This was even after a "super tune". It was a solid bow, just not for me so I moved on. Not bashing at all, I think spec wise the Alloy would be a better fit for me. It came out a year too late though.

Serving on the cables fixes the cable issue, I know the Alloy comes served through the roller guard and the new Defy and Impact sets come served as well. Like already said they are tack drivers for sure.

Zuludog

FNG
I have an Alloy on the way. I can't wait. right now I'm shooting the Defy and it is smooth with an incredible back wall.
The Alloy has a little longer ATA which I like, plus I wanted a black bow. lol

ChadH

FNG
I agree with tipsntails and the others. I had a Shift, and shot it better than almost any compound I have ever owned. It was also a super, super easy bow to tune. It was a little long in draw length and after 3 years I decided to go with an Elite this year. I FOR SURE would have purchased an Alloy, but the nearest dealer was 2 hours away. I loved how the Alloy shot though. If there is a dealer close by i would really recommend Prime as a bow to shoot and consider.

CentennialELK

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Alloy and it is super accurate. I like that you can fine tune your draw through the draw stops and the back wall and valley will make sure you keep proper form, can't cheat it. I had a Chill last year so going from the soft wall to super firm wall took some getting used to but any change in equipment takes getting used to. A lot of people from the shop I use have been switching to the Primes for how well they shoot at longer distance.

I shot a PRIME last year, while trying to decide what to buy. I was set on buying one, until I shot a Strouther's. The guy that owns the bow store that I go to told me that he had all kinds of problems with them having cam lean. Not trying to bash them, just what I was told. I can say I love the way my Strouther bow.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I shot a PRIME last year, while trying to decide what to buy. I was set on buying one, until I shot a Strouther's. The guy that owns the bow store that I go to told me that he had all kinds of problems with them having cam lean. Not trying to bash them, just what I was told. I can say I love the way my Strouther bow.

He might have been talking about the Strothers having cam lean, which is inherent in a binary cam bow without yokes, but the owner is off his rocker if he said the Primes have cam lean. Cam lean is impossible with that system. I sell both Primes and Strothers and I like them both, but there's no comparison between the two as far as lean. Strothers can be as finicky as Elites when it comes to swapping shims, and limbs around, to get the lean out of that system. Both are great bows, and great companies, but that dealer is extremely off base saying the Primes have a lot of lean.

Zuludog

FNG
He might have been talking about the Strothers having cam lean, which is inherent in a binary cam bow without yokes, but the owner is off his rocker if he said the Primes have cam lean. Cam lean is impossible with that system. I sell both Primes and Strothers and I like them both, but there's no comparison between the two as far as lean. Strothers can be as finicky as Elites when it comes to swapping shims, and limbs around, to get the lean out of that system. Both are great bows, and great companies, but that dealer is extremely off base saying the Primes have a lot of lean.

Yeah, I don't see how they can cam lean with the twin cams?

BTW The Alloy arrived and I'm loving it. Above everything else it holds really well too. :)

60x

WKR
Those primes are the real deal. I shoot an ok archery bow but have been taking a hard look at a new prime. The alloy is one of the nicest bows out there!!

jonny5

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up an Impact this spring and have enjoyed shooting it so far. Great back wall and very accurate out to 80 yards so far. I'd recommend them for sure.

jonny5

J-Daddy

WKR
Good to hear all the positive reviews on here.. Think I'm gonna be picking up an Impact soon to play with. I really like the specs on that bow and I think Prime is onto something with that cam system.