G19 to G26 to G43 to P365 and some in between

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Springfield Hellcat in an alien gear iwb at 4:30 position is my daily/work carry. It’s been there, in that holster, in that position for so long that I feel naked without it. I shoot it very well.
My going out/dress up/Church carry is a 365xl w/ a SIG Romeo on top in a Tulster appendix iwb. IMHO its just as comfy as long as I’m wearing an undershirt but I’m not a fan of the kydex on bare skin. I shoot it reasonably well also.
As far as I’ve found, these are the 2 best CCW out there in terms of conceal ability, shoot ability and magazine capacity.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
My 365X sits in the safe so its getting traded for a 19 for the winter months. My main carry gun is not a canik MC9, its more pleasant to shoot than the sig and almost the same size. Best stock trigger on a cheaper gun. Its been as relaible as the sig so far too.

Badseed

WKR
You make a great point- the belt plays a big part. I have done a poor job of choosing belts. What belt(s) have you found to work well?

Check out KORE belts. The micro adjustments are very helpful to keep the right tension on your waist without being too tight or loose. Also, the belt is plenty stiff enough to support a holster and 1911 pistol. I have gotten rid of all my other carry belts now that I have a few KORE belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usi05

WKR
I just went through a similar exercise.
Shot an sig which was pretty nice. Shot a 26, a 43, and a 43x.

Ultimately I went with the G48. Slightly longer than 43x but still light and has full size grip. Not as easy to conceal as sig but certainly not hard.

It is extremely likely I’ll pick up a 43 slide at some point so I can toy around with making 48 a 43x.

Settled on Glock mostly because of familiarity.

G20 for big bears. G48 for everything else.

Usi05

WKR
Had them all,keeping one g19 stashed in truck.
Like the sig but something about the reliability and takedown/maintenance on the 43x that I just trust.Plus i know everyone wants the most capacity but I find 11 bullets heavy enough.
G20sf with finger guards removed and g45 with soon to be custom steepling are my self defense and woods guns.

How hard was it to remove finger guards? I could use just a touch more grip on my 20. I shoot it fine now but it’s about the max my hand can hold in terms of size.

Feel free to share a photo!

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
My new Hellcat Pro trumps all of those mentioned. It came with a red dot sight, three 15 round magazines,two 17 round magazines, a range bag and a magazine loader, in a much thinner and lighter package. It killed my Glock 19.

I’ve been carry a Glock of some sort for the past five years, even at work. Over the past two years I switched to a tenicor belt and use a G code incog IWB holster.

I’ve stayed with Glock simply because it’s what I carry at work, so it makes sense to me. We recently went to added red dots to them. Everything is concealed carry, I carry a G19 at home and a G45 at work. I have no complaints.

I also have a tricked out G17 that I use as my woods gun and G48 for my wife. I recently updated the G48 with a tungsten oprod and a match grade threaded barrel and mini comp. It shoots wonderfully.

I don’t have anything against other pistols, it just doesn’t make sense for me to have anything but what I work with.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Went from 1911
to g34
to g17
and I coveted the g48 for a bit until the 365xl came out

I couldnt agree more with the OP, the 365 and 365xl are outstanding. My top recommendation to people

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Went from 26 to a 43 to a P365 and agree on how much nicer it carries. I hated the 43 and got rid of it pretty quick. I don't shoot the p365 near as well though (I shoot the 26 as well as my 34). I also agree on doing the wilson grip swap, from the factory the distance from back strap to front of grip felt way too small and WC module beefed it up a bit. The AR/lego style of modularity on the p365 is pretty slick for making changes too. Wish someone would make a grip module with a glock style grip angle, I've become accustomed to that over the 1911 style angle.

Thegman

WKR
My 365X sits in the safe so its getting traded for a 19 for the winter months. My main carry gun is not a canik MC9, its more pleasant to shoot than the sig and almost the same size. Best stock trigger on a cheaper gun. Its been as relaible as the sig so far too.

I have a full size Canik TP9SF I use for woods carry. Due to its trigger and grip angle, it has been the most "1911-esque" striker fired pistol I've used. Pretty impressive, especially at the price. Sounds like that one you mention might work for CC, I'll have to check them out.

Like the OP, I too started with a G26 years ago. A 1911 made me realize how important the slide width was with respect to carry comfort, for me anyway.

The G26 is long, long gone and since replaced with thin 9mm's as soon as they started coming out. Handled some 365s the other day and they do seem really nice. We have a lot of good and even great options.

Buy a shot timer, pick a drill to shoot weekly, and put that 365 against your 19 for a while. Then decide what you want to defend your life with.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Buy a shot timer, pick a drill to shoot weekly, and put that 365 against your 19 for a while. Then decide what you want to defend your life with.
It's not much different between the two if that's what you're getting at

In actual use I notice the lighter, thinner gun on my belt a lot more

Just got a FN reflex. Like it much better than my Glocks and other striker fire 9s. Internal hammer and sweet trigger pull. Check it out.

OP
h2so4

h2so4

WKR
Just got a FN reflex. Like it much better than my Glocks and other striker fire 9s. Internal hammer and sweet trigger pull. Check it out.
I shot the FN Reflex a couple of weeks ago- it was awesome. If you don't have a micro ccw, it would be one to consider.

It's not much different between the two if that's what you're getting at

In actual use I notice the lighter, thinner gun on my belt a lot more
Really? Huh. Not for me. On most drills where shot placement matters, like the Shoot 2 drill from Impact Shooting, my compacts and up are significantly faster for follow up shots. That’s not a guess either, that’s tracking many, many attempts on the timer. Like averaging 30% faster for four shot strings on a 3”x5” notecard at seven yards. I don’t think anyone could ever argue objectively that a 365 can do anything better than a 19 other than comfort.

In actual use on MY belt, I notice very little difference between carrying a 19 and 43x in terms of comfort, but I carry appendix with sidecar holsters.

YMMV I guess!

Bobaloo

FNG
I’ve been carrying the Glocks for a bit now. Started with a 19, that was way too big. Went to a 26, that was better. But it was still thick and a little heavy. I switched to the g43 and have found that to be the most comfortable. It’s got to be comfortable, convenient and enjoyable to shoot to carry it consistently. I’ve used a variety of holsters to include crossbreed, kydex, alien gear and raven concealment. The raven concealment Vanguard has been the most comfortable by far. However, during longer range sessions, my trigger finder would get caught up in Glock 43 and just become unpleasant to shoot. I installed an apex trigger and while it was better, still not as comfortable as others. I tried carrying a FNSc with red dot and apex and a staccato C (single stack) with red dot. Both shot awesome, but were heavy and bulkier. Back to the g43.
2 weeks ago I received a p365 in the smallest frame. I tried it with an owb at first, as that is what I got it with. Amazingly comfortable. Ordered a DeSantis IWB holster shortly after. It shoots awesome and is very comfortable with all sizes of mags. I don’t have huge hands, so the micro frame is fine. Between the extra capacity, that goes unnoticed in the weight that does not cause an increase in size and more enjoyable shooting experience I’m pretty happy. I’ll probably find a flat trigger / red dot version next to really enjoy range sessions.

I’ve tried a shadow systems g43 size, and it shot great. But still had the uncomfortable trigger and then had proprietary mags. No thanks.

I wish I would have tried the p365 much earlier. With that additional frame sizes and larger mages they accommodate, I’m not sure I’d need a Glock 19 ever again. I’m not talking about shooting matches, etc. just general carry and training. I say all that, and remember that i want to try the micro FN version released somewhat recently. Ha!

Your mileage may vary, but hope this helps someone at least try a p365 or FN (or whatever else).
P365XL with safety in a cheap IWB kydex holster fits my hand like a glove and feels like carrying a leatherman. Standard pressure 124 gr HST with 3.7" barrel feels like my P-10C with +P 124 gold dots.