Further Faster Designs

16Bore

WKR
Might be worth a look...

gfreidy

WKR
Thanks for the suggestion. Will follow this company. Increased time to glass usually means increased success!

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Gents-I responded to a different thread about this, but I’ll post here as well as I really like the design and function of this one.
I’ve been fortunate in my 22 yrs of GOV/MIL service to play with cool gear and equipment. I don’t get into the Ford/Chevy/Dodge argument with most gear, as it’s subjective.

This is one that is superior and next level in my book-

These guys blanket is pretty different from the kifaru one. The kifaru blanket is just that-a blanket with nothing more to it.

The Super B has a draw cord at one end and a couple loop and toggle fasteners that make up a footbox and it has a draw cord along one side that makes for a collar so it can be worn hands free. Doesn’t sound like much but the ability to wear it and use your hands for something other than staying wrapped up and the ability to sleep in it instead of just under it is absolutely the next level of functionality for my purposes....

And here is where my bias DOES come in....this company is owned and operated by fellow service members who have been downrange and know what does and doesn’t work.
(No affiliation-but all veterans are my brothers and sisters.)

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Anyone have one of these yet?
Hey Bud-

I have it. If you look 2 posts up from yours, I commented on it. Any more specific questions, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer
Here are a few photos of it

Attachments

• 11E2DA10-EB90-481B-8996-927370CA08F1.jpeg
    11E2DA10-EB90-481B-8996-927370CA08F1.jpeg
    273.2 KB · Views: 189
  • E0E07244-3D55-420A-B1A3-520CE11F52F2.jpeg
    E0E07244-3D55-420A-B1A3-520CE11F52F2.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 339BAF64-A4EB-475C-A74E-3628E7FBE5AC.jpeg
    339BAF64-A4EB-475C-A74E-3628E7FBE5AC.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
I need one of these. (have a Kifaru Woobie and a Woobie Express) Between the toggles, bungee, and the ability to make this into a sleeping bag and lots of other configurations, I see getting a lot more use out of it..

Glad to see Joe come to market with these, and excited to see what's next that they're going to release at SHOT...

ianpadron

WKR
Hmmm wonder if that 16 is 40 degree option would work as a summer quilt...

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the heavier version would be a good archery elk sleeping system and I could pair it with my insulation layers if it gets too chilly.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

coues32

WKR
I wonder if the heavier version would be a good archery elk sleeping system and I could pair it with my insulation layers if it gets too chilly.

Haven't used mine much, daughter did twice, will be glassing with it this morning. I thought about the heavier one but decided on 16 oz because every thing adds up quick.

I think with layer, a puff or emergency bivy should work for early pre Nov az weather for me

I just thought I would post my experience with FFD the last couple days. I sent an email to Gerry after another member sent me the contact info through a PM. He responded very fast and answered my questions but also said that he was getting on a plane an would answer in more detail when he had time. A couple hours later I got a very detailed response answering questions I hadn't even thought to ask yet.

I will be ordering a 3.6oz Super B after the holidays and I am pretty pumped to try it out. It will be replacing a down sleeping bag from REI for my archery elk sleep system. I will be using it in my Seek Outside Redcliff with a stove so I feel pretty confident that it will be warm enough.

Gerry also mentioned that they will be coming out with a down quilt in the future to be used with the Super B or as a stand alone piece and some other designs not just quilts and blankets. I look forward to seeing what these guys come up with.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I just thought I would post my experience with FFD the last couple days. I sent an email to Gerry after another member sent me the contact info through a PM. He responded very fast and answered my questions but also said that he was getting on a plane an would answer in more detail when he had time. A couple hours later I got a very detailed response answering questions I hadn't even thought to ask yet.

I will be ordering a 3.6oz Super B after the holidays and I am pretty pumped to try it out. It will be replacing a down sleeping bag from REI for my archery elk sleep system. I will be using it in my Seek Outside Redcliff with a stove so I feel pretty confident that it will be warm enough.

Gerry also mentioned that they will be coming out with a down quilt in the future to be used with the Super B or as a stand alone piece and some other designs not just quilts and blankets. I look forward to seeing what these guys come up with.

Unless you plan on waking up every hour to feed the stove don't count on it to make up for a bag's rating. Make sure you get the appropriate rating for your temps you plan on encountering. It makes for a miserable hunt if you become a slave to the stove.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unless you plan on waking up every hour to feed the stove don't count on it to make up for a bag's rating. Make sure you get the appropriate rating for your temps you plan on encountering. It makes for a miserable hunt if you become a slave to the stove.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The super B is rated for the temps I am planning on encountering. I only mentioned the stove and shelter to get a complete picture of my system. I will also have puffy pants and jacket like I always do just in case.

That's great advice though. I have spent some cold nights in the woods and it's a reminder to never have it happen again.

prm

WKR
I’m very interested in the lighter version. I have a Woobie and love it. It has loops so you can toe it around your sleeping bag (When it’s 0deg and you have a 15deg bag...) Then take it glassing. The lighter, less bulky, FFD version appeals to me.