full moon

looks like if i wanna do the combo hunt that i was planning on doing which is two weeks into deer season and opening week for elk season starting sept 26 im going to have to hunt the full moon which is my least favorite time to hunt. so should i post pone the trip for a week and let the moon die down or just stick to my original game plan and hunt the full moon?

If you stick to your original game plan all it means is that the animals in the area are going to be out later feeding. If you post pone the trip a week you will be hunting the same animals. I would stick to the dates I had originally scheduled. I think that you will still have a good hunt. May just be a little tougher.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think the full moon affects mule deer hunts much. Heat is worse. I just go when I can go. Have killed good bucks on full and dark moons. Weather a bigger factor.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say, I have noticed some very big differences in early season deer activity during full moons. They seem to bed up early and stay put on those days. You can still get the job done, though. Really early and late are even more important during the full moon.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord