Fujifilm X-T4 vs X-S10 - how important is weatherproofing

TL;DR: The X-S10 does everything I would need or want a camera to do. Biggest reason I would consider spending more for the X-T4 is for weather resistance of X-T4.

Any opinions on how important weather resistance is going to be, assuming I don't abuse the camera and am responsible about not exposing it to the elements when I shouldn't? Obviously will use it outdoors, which will include backcountry skiing in winter, backpacking/mountaineering in summer, in addition to taking pics of animals. Any insights appreciated. Thanks!

Ask yourself this question and you will have your answer. How many times were you backpacking and mountaineering in the summer when you were out and it started to rain? When you were skiing how many time was the snow blowing around, as it quite often does, and it would lead to a wet camera. Once you have those answers then you will have the answer to your own question.

I will tell you this, we get many cameras in for repairs from getting caught in heavy rain or dropped into the snow or mud.
Feel free to contact me with any other questions

In the 2 decades I’ve been doing stuff outdoors (from camping to duck hunting to Alaska to fishing to hunting to winter sports) I’ve never once taken any extra precautions to protect my camera gear beyond a normal camera bag. If the camera isn’t out, you won’t take the shot. It’s a tool. Would you buy a hammer that had an extra coating on it to stop rust - knowing rust isn’t going to be the end of your hammer in the long run? I shoot a Sony a7r3 with many lens. They get used. Never had a problem.