Frustrated

Brother, if you're hunting cutovers, you need to be listening to the Southern Outdoorsman Podcast. Sounds to me like you have a big buck's core area located, and I wouldn't just walk away from it. There's subtlety to hunting spots like this. And just cause you're 50-75 yards away from the thick stuff doesn't mean the deer don't know you're there.
I'd recommend their latest episode for starters, but their whole show is about hunting southern deer. Cutovers, pine trees, high pressured deer.

OP
Huntchic

Huntchic

FNG
I understand. I really gave it my best last year and i just believe all said and done that the fact it was getting heavy pretty pressure just kept them locked up in there till it was good n dark. I not only didn't see the couple nice bucks i know were around but didn't see any except for signs that were made during the night. I've got my eye on a couple nice ones in other areas i feel I've got better odds and little pressure for this year. Not quite a nice as the 2 back at the cutover but still very nice. I'm not really all about getting a big trophy rack deer as my first priority. Freezer first n bragging rights secondly for me. Ive gotten some pretty nice deer and other critters in my day but now days i really enjoy the hunt and being out doing it as well as filling up the freezer too. don't get me wrong i go after the nice ones but don't pass up the decent one or two either after a week or two of season. guess im saying i try a week or so for a particular good one then dont pass up anymore for the freezers sake.