WTS FREE - DIY Stove

Recently upgraded stoves, so I'd like to give this one away. This is one that I made while following one of the DIY threads. It's a 12" cylinder stove that was used for 5 years and it always kept me warm. I believe it's got a 6-7' stove pipe but can't remember for sure. I used it in a mountainsmith mountain shelter LT, cimarron, and LBO.

I want this to go to someone that is actively contributing to the forum, so you'll need at least 200 posts to be eligible. All I ask is that you cover shipping.

So let's hear it....Why do you need this stove?

I don’t have 200 posts yet, but I’m working on it and trying to contribute to the community. I’d love the stove, but I get it if it goes to a longer term member!

Man I'd like to try this in my mountainsmith shelter, if I decided I it's not for me I'd do the same and pass it along.

I don't have 200 post though so if someone else does, they beat me to it.

I would love to try a small stove in my mountainsmith mountain shelter lt, I have never used a stove and have been considering getting one because I do a lot of winter camping after deer season closes.....I would pass this on when I purchase a stove or if I decided a stove does not work for me. Thanks for considering me.

Last edited:
Looks like you have some people in line. Do you have any pictures of it in use? I have a Mountain Smith LT and would like to see how you had it set up?

Looks like you have some people in line. Do you have any pictures of it in use? I have a Mountain Smith LT and would like to see how you had it set up?

The stove found a new home! For those of you that expressed interest in the stove, I would suggest looking at the DIY section on here. I built this stove for a little over $100 for everything.

This was taken in the mountainsmith. I'm 6'4, so things got a little tight, but it's definitely doable.

Last edited:
The stove found a new home! For those of you that expressed interest in the stove, I would suggest looking at the DIY section on here. I built this stove for a little over $100 for everything.

This was taken in the mountainsmith. I'm 6'4, so things got a little tight, but it's definitely doable.

View attachment 137167
Good on you, I sent you a pm with a few questions..

Back