Frank Church Chocolate

Finally got a bear! I decided last Monday that I would leave Wednesday morning and head to Church after a bear.

I left at 3:20am Wednesday and arrived at camp 3:00pm Thursday. Scouted/hunted Thursday evening and found awesome sign where I had missed a bear two years ago, glassed til dark and headed back to camp. Made my plan for the morning and snuck down close to the river to take advantage of my wind and visibility. Got up and headed up the mountain in the dark and arrived to my spot right at shooting light. After only 3-5 minutes of shooting light this bear popped his head up at 107 yards. 10 minutes later and I had my first bear on the ground. He’s not a monster but plenty big for my first! I fished and visited with some friends the next morning and made the drive back to Arkansas got back at 9:00pm last night. All in all 60 hours of driving for 4.5 hours of hunting lol.

This is only my 3rd time bear hunting Idaho and I can’t wait to get back again.
92168d3299c0df92d5f4edfbe8017444.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I love Idaho. Something about steep unforgiving country gets me. Congratulations on a beautiful bear. I'm still on the hunt for a vanilla some day. You should tell the full story. One of my best elk hunts ended with some dead wolves and is still my favorite idaho memory.

OP
LIWolverine
I love Idaho. Something about steep unforgiving country gets me. Congratulations on a beautiful bear. I'm still on the hunt for a vanilla some day. You should tell the full story. One of my best elk hunts ended with some dead wolves and is still my favorite idaho memory.

I plan to get it all written down and I’ll post here when I get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro