Frame Pack For Whitetail Treestand/Saddle Hunting

I currently use the Kuiu Pro 2800 for whitetail hunting. I have the 7200 for western hunting and figured it was cheaper just to buy the smaller bag and throw it on the frame rather than buy a whole new frame and pack. The 2800 works great to attach my predator platform and four climbing sticks and then any extra clothing in the bag. I like frame packs I hunt big woods/"mountains" so it's a must for getting the deer out. I have drug deer out of the mountains but don't want to do that again. Just wanted to see if I'm overlooking any other good options. Thought about the Mystery Ranch Pop Up Line. What's everyone else use?

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Plenty of different options out there and also a number of different threads on this same topic.

I prefer the EXO Mountain Gear system myself and use a 4800. I just cinch it down when I don’t need the additional space. Many others like the Kifaru system but regardless there are plenty of different options out there and it’s a matter of what works best for you.

When I hunt my Dads property I just use a small MR in and out. But the public I hunt here is like yours and going where others won’t go means you won’t be able to drag one out. I haven’t seen anything yet that convinces me it will do enough better than my MR Pintler. That is what I’ve been using the last couple years.

OP
mabrown1013
Plenty of different options out there and also a number of different threads on this same topic.

I prefer the EXO Mountain Gear system myself and use a 4800. I just cinch it down when I don’t need the additional space. Many others like the Kifaru system but regardless there are plenty of different options out there and it’s a matter of what works best for you.
I've been looking at the EXO packs for a couple years. Waiting to see what the new K4 is like.

OP
mabrown1013
When I hunt my Dads property I just use a small MR in and out. But the public I hunt here is like yours and going where others won’t go means you won’t be able to drag one out. I haven’t seen anything yet that convinces me it will do enough better than my MR Pintler. That is what I’ve been using the last couple years.
Somehow overlooked this bag. Looks like another one to throw into the mix. Thanks!

I got an Eberlestock X2 (fixed internal) for Christmas that will be my whitetail/saddle hunting pack this year ( unless it doesn't work out). I based that input from a ton or research here and a couple other sites.
Strongly considered the SG Avail but the color offerings don't jive with my woods. I hunt I potential vines, thorns, and low brush, so I opted with a smaller profile.

Pop up fan. If you bust brush, you will appreciate how compact it is. It can also carry a trees stand, bag of corn or boned out deer fairly well. I went the bigger size and it handles my gear plus winter layers well.

hydro4570

FNG
Eberlestock X2 has plenty of room to carry saddle, platform and clothes. After downing a deer it generally takes two trips to carry deer and gear back to the truck

DWinVA

WKR

LCsmith

Lil-Rokslider
I use a MR pop up 28 but the new pop up 30 looks to be perfect.

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
We have been getting lots of awesome feedback for our AKEK pack systems just in case you wanted to consider these as one of your options:

Getting my system organized for carrying deer. More and more trips out to National forest and difficult areas has put the writing on the wall.
Alps outdoorz is local to me and started having outlet sales. I have the new Elite series, 1800 and 3800 with the base frame. Initial tests show they will perform pretty good.
When I signed up for their email/newsletter they sent a great discount code.

bkennedy2

FNG
I've got the KUIU Pro 2600 and I have zero complaints for whitetail hunting. Works great for carrying my summit climber and all my gear. I would probably get a bigger bag for the frame if I was going on a multi-day hunt. Other than that it's amazing, can't think of a reason I would want anything else.