Fox pro x1 or x24 speaker?

JjamesIII

WKR
I’m looking into upgrading an old shockwave. I’ve never really liked the set up. Remote range is spotty, randomly loses signal. The speaker sounds like a pa announcement- really not as realistic as I’d have hoped, especially when turned up past 3/4 volume.
That brings me to the market. I’m staying with foxpro, I’d like to know from those that have experience with both the x1 and x24 speakers. Does the 24 bit sound noticeably better than the hd x1 speaker? They look very similar and both are two piece main speaker/tweeter models. I understand the difference in the features that I’m leaving behind with the x1, I’m ok with that. I’m mainly looking at volume and clarity of sound between the two- x1 can be had for $225 less than the x24 right now

TheGDog

WKR
Go for the X24 so you get the nice easy to see remote. Even the remote itself is configurable. For example for the dudes who do night hunting you can configure the brightness levels and flip thru different color themes. How long the display stays lit for since last button-press, etc.

Plus IMO the buttons layout is very good on that TX1000 remote. Nice and intuitive placement of the keys which can allow for manipulation without needing to look down once you've trained your brain/fingers to know location by feel.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
Go for the X24 so you get the nice easy to see remote. Even the remote itself is configurable. For example for the dudes who do night hunting you can configure the brightness levels and flip thru different color themes. How long the display stays lit for since last button-press, etc.

Plus IMO the buttons layout is very good on that TX1000 remote. Nice and intuitive placement of the keys which can allow for manipulation without needing to look down once you've trained your brain/fingers to know location by feel.
I agree with everything you said……but damned expensive unit. Have you any experience with the refurbished foxpro units? I’d save over $100 on it. They come with a 1 year warranty, rather than the five year. I’d figure in the first year any issues would be evident? Even outside of warranty, they might service it for a fee.

TheGDog

WKR
It's not like you plan to turn right around and sell it, right? So just bite the bullet and know that if you pop for it... you'll be good to go for a long long time.

With the way these X models have the nice coaxial tweeter on there... as long as the recording you're playing back was recorded HiRes as well... you get amazing fidelity!

What I've kinda come to conclusion of is.. it's those high frequencies of the sounds that really make or break just how real you and they perceive it to be. And I say that because of also using this lil Pocket Prey digital caller. It's just a tiny lil like 2.5" diameter speaker, but since the pre-recorded sound it's playing back is just this baby rabbit in distress sorta thing... it doesn't need a big driver for that,since that sound doesn't have really anything in the way of lower freqs in it. And that piercing quality of the high freqs seems to be what really brings them in.

Remember, they can hear up to 44kHz, whereas Humans, it's about 20Hz to 20kHz. So they walk around all damn day keying in on that hi sounds the various rodentia will be making. Y'ever seen a dog standing over a Gopher hole with his ears up and head cocked to one side? It's them listening in for those high faint freqs made by them under the ground. Things like the shuffle of their feet, their squeeks and squeals. The little short staccato squeaks Ground Squirrels make. The little "bit" sound Quail make. You get the idea.

Another gentleman on here was telling me about how like 35 of the ones he's taken have been from a particular call. And that call sounds has two variants.... one with the growling of an adult yote... blended in with these distress wimperings from a pup. The other variant is just the pup part of the sounds by itself. And they definitely work. I can attest to that. (My AR was traffic jammed, so the trigger was locked up solid, talk about angering!!)

I dunno... to me it just makes sense that a unit that can reproduce a far greater frequency range is gonna bring em in many times better than something like that POS lil ICOTec GC300 I started off with. To me that thing sounded like a glorified tin-can on a tight-string. Obviously I'm exaggerating here, but you get what I mean.

The nice big lithium battery unit itself, to me, make the units worth it already, because those lithium energizers at the store are pricey as hell, and that adds up real quick. And you don't dare use regular alkaline batteries for fear of them rupturing and ruining the inside of the unit in the kinda heat you sometimes find yourself in out there.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
It's not like you plan to turn right around and sell it, right? So just bite the bullet and know that if you pop for it... you'll be good to go for a long long time.

With the way these X models have the nice coaxial tweeter on there... as long as the recording you're playing back was recorded HiRes as well... you get amazing fidelity!

What I've kinda come to conclusion of is.. it's those high frequencies of the sounds that really make or break just how real you and they perceive it to be. And I say that because of also using this lil Pocket Prey digital caller. It's just a tiny lil like 2.5" diameter speaker, but since the pre-recorded sound it's playing back is just this baby rabbit in distress sorta thing... it doesn't need a big driver for that,since that sound doesn't have really anything in the way of lower freqs in it. And that piercing quality of the high freqs seems to be what really brings them in.

Remember, they can hear up to 44kHz, whereas Humans, it's about 20Hz to 20kHz. So they walk around all damn day keying in on that hi sounds the various rodentia will be making. Y'ever seen a dog standing over a Gopher hole with his ears up and head cocked to one side? It's them listening in for those high faint freqs made by them under the ground. Things like the shuffle of their feet, their squeeks and squeals. The little short staccato squeaks Ground Squirrels make. The little "bit" sound Quail make. You get the idea.

Another gentleman on here was telling me about how like 35 of the ones he's taken have been from a particular call. And that call sounds has two variants.... one with the growling of an adult yote... blended in with these distress wimperings from a pup. The other variant is just the pup part of the sounds by itself. And they definitely work. I can attest to that. (My AR was traffic jammed, so the trigger was locked up solid, talk about angering!!)

I dunno... to me it just makes sense that a unit that can reproduce a far greater frequency range is gonna bring em in many times better than something like that POS lil ICOTec GC300 I started off with. To me that thing sounded like a glorified tin-can on a tight-string. Obviously I'm exaggerating here, but you get what I mean.

The nice big lithium battery unit itself, to me, make the units worth it already, because those lithium energizers at the store are pricey as hell, and that adds up real quick. And you don't dare use regular alkaline batteries for fear of them rupturing and ruining the inside of the unit in the kinda heat you sometimes find yourself in out there.
I like it! What you’re saying makes a lot of sense. I have been running the fp inferno, it also sounds like a plastic toy, I’ve never really liked it from day one. I was wondering if that had a lot to do with my lower success rates compared to hand callers. I just gave up on lugging around that caller last season and just through my lanyard around my neck and headed out to hunt. I’ll bight the bullet and buy an x 24. I’ll report back if I find noticeable improvement with this unit.

TheGDog

WKR
Cool beans man! Yeah you'll be very pleased with the X24 since it has that much better remote. And the thing gets stupid loud. BTW.. send me a PM as well with your email address so we can continue the convo outside of this site.