Found a gem!

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
Bought this about a month ago and love it. Nice handling rifle and a sweet shooter the first time out to the range.

Ardesa Mountain Rifle .54 1:66 twist. Walnut stock. Still getting used to the bluing, but I can live with it for now.

I did update the sights to a more traditional set up.

EdP

WKR
Nice. Ardesa is a Spanish company that made the rifles imported by CVA and later by Traditions. Apparently good quality and accurate shooters. The 1 in 66" is round ball rifling twist.

DMTJAGER

FNG
Classified Approved
Looking to buy a Hawken type front stuffer preferably in 1:66 where did you find it? That one is a real beaut

OP
FrontierGander

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to buy a Hawken type front stuffer preferably in 1:66 where did you find it? That one is a real beaut
just found it online. Just one of those lucky strikes lol. Its a damn nice rifle. Taking it to rendezvous next week and hope to play with it while im out there.

Look in THE MUZZLELOADER FORUM under guns for sale. Lots of good rifles there either flint or percussion.

There is a full stock Hawkin in 54 cal percussion left hand rifle there for sale if I had not just spent a bunch of money on stonework for our house, it would be mine. Worth taking a look at this one. And a good price the only thing a wrong with it is a small chip of wood missing where the tang enters the stock, a easy fix.

Last edited: