Forloh AllClima Soft Shell Jacket vs Sitka Jetstream Jacket

Cutwater

FNG
Good morning folks! First post here and I thought I'd start with a question... I'm in the market for a new hunting/woods soft shell. I'm over in Georgia and typically have used leafy suits over Patagonia/Arc'Teryx stuff, but I'd like to start investing in more hunting specific clothes. It seems both Sitka and Forloh are geared to you western guys, but I figured that means they'd be bomber for us southern guys.

Do any of you have experience with both or at least one or the other?

I'm a bird guy through and through, Upland, Turkey, and Waterfowl. Not sure if that makes a difference but that's how I'd be using the jacket along with general camping and hiking with the family.

I appreciate all your insight!

OP
C

Cutwater

FNG
Hey, not trying to drag a dead question up, but I was just wondering if anyone had ANY experiences with the Forloh Soft Shell? All the reviews on youtube are for the rain jacket they have and I can't seem to find anyone with the actual soft shell...

grimace

FNG
I have both jackets. They both are quality pieces in there own right, but different. These are the things that stand out to me.

Sitka Jetstream- Fleece lined so it is slightly warmer, the pit zips are longer and open up a bit more which can be very beneficial at times. The face fabric is soft and supple, and very comfortable to wear. Not water proof , but pretty wind resistant.

Forloh Soft shell - No fleece lining, pit zips are a bit shorter than the Jet Stream, there is a mesh fabric that keeps the zipper from opening up real wide like the Jet Stream. The face fabric is slightly less supple. Water proof and wind resistant. Slightly more fitted than the Jet Stream. The zippers seem slightly more substantial than the Jet Stream. I have been in absolute down pours for many hours in this jacket, the jacket performed well.

Both jackets have been bomber proof so far. The Jet Stream is maybe 5 years old, the Forloh is 1.5 years old. If its going to be wet I'm wearing the Forloh without a doubt, but both jackets are great. I do like that Forloh is 100% made in the USA and I will continue to support them for that.

I am 200lbs, 5'9" wear a large, hunt from August through December in all kinds of crazy Washington weather.

Hope that helps...

OP
C

Cutwater

FNG
That helps tremendously! Thanks!

Sounds like the Forloh is almost a straight hard shell rain layer as opposed to the Jetstream offering a bit more warmth and utility as a jack of all trades, master of nothing jacket.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That helps tremendously! Thanks!

Sounds like the Forloh is almost a straight hard shell rain layer as opposed to the Jetstream offering a bit more warmth and utility as a jack of all trades, master of nothing jacket.
Hi! Our soft shell is designed to keep you warm and dry.

Our quietest waterproof jacket on the market is packed with technology and features that sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate in the harshest of environments. Versatility is its strength - It’s the perfect jacket over just our baselayer to protect the hunter during colder periods of the hunt without adding bulk, and when the temperatures really drop, layer up using our insulated down vests or jackets for one of the warmest, driest, quietest and most breathable systems out there.

100% Made in America

How quiet is this forloh jacket? Wondering if I can get multi uses out of it for bowhunting whitetails…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How quiet is this forloh jacket? Wondering if I can get multi uses out of it for bowhunting whitetails…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's quiet and used by most for all hunting. It's our best selling jacket.

OP
C

Cutwater

FNG
Looks good, thanks Forloh!

Quick question, not really regarding your soft shell or anything, but I was wondering if you guys are going to bring out some new camo or apparel for the waterfowl hunters?

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks good, thanks Forloh!

Quick question, not really regarding your soft shell or anything, but I was wondering if you guys are going to bring out some new camo or apparel for the waterfowl hunters?
We are working on it. But not until 2023.

264 MHC

FNG
OP
C

Cutwater

FNG
Awesome review 264 MHC! I ended up grabbing the new 2022 Jetstream in Timber. It should be delivered today so I'll try to close the loop in this thread with some pictures and initial thoughts.

I also grabbed the AllClima 3L Rain Jacket from Forloh... got it in Grey for office wear, but sort of bummed as it seems to be wetting out at the elbows. Again I'll post pictures and thoughts on fit and feel.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the input, it is much appreciated!

OP
C

Cutwater

FNG
Alright Folks, so here it is! Apologies on the delay, but I have been enjoying Duck Season! I tried to take a few pictures of the Jetstream Jacket open and closed for anyone out there wondering about the fit and sizing. Sleeves seem slightly short and the chest is slightly tight (nothing crazy, can still layer) but overall the jacket fits great and has been my go to whenever I leave the house.
Jetstream Side Zipped.pngJetstream Front Zipped.png
Jetstream Side Open.pngJetstream Front Open.png

Sorry Forloh bros, I don't have better pictures of the AllClima Pants but you can see I am wearing them. They've been preforming great, I really like the pockets, the fit and the feel of the pants, they're perfect!

I do have a question for anyone in the know... what would happen if I threw some kind of brown dye on the pants? Would they take the dye at all or just repel it? I was just wondering if there was a way to darken the pants from where they are at now...

And please let me know if you folks have any questions or want me to take anymore pictures, thanks!

Attachments

• Jetstream Front Open.png
    Jetstream Front Open.png
    789 KB · Views: 17
  • Jetstream Side Open.png
    Jetstream Side Open.png
    611.3 KB · Views: 17

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Alright Folks, so here it is! Apologies on the delay, but I have been enjoying Duck Season! I tried to take a few pictures of the Jetstream Jacket open and closed for anyone out there wondering about the fit and sizing. Sleeves seem slightly short and the chest is slightly tight (nothing crazy, can still layer) but overall the jacket fits great and has been my go to whenever I leave the house.
View attachment 496758View attachment 496760
View attachment 496761View attachment 496759

Sorry Forloh bros, I don't have better pictures of the AllClima Pants but you can see I am wearing them. They've been preforming great, I really like the pockets, the fit and the feel of the pants, they're perfect!

I do have a question for anyone in the know... what would happen if I threw some kind of brown dye on the pants? Would they take the dye at all or just repel it? I was just wondering if there was a way to darken the pants from where they are at now...

And please let me know if you folks have any questions or want me to take anymore pictures, thanks!
It should take the dye if you were to do that. But, I do not recommend it, because then you are no longer eligible for the lifetime warranty. Please feel free to reach out to our support team [email protected] for all warranty issues, including your 3L rain jacket that you mentioned in the previous post. Thank you for supporting Made in America gear.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FORLOH SALE - https://forloh.com/
  • BOGO 50% mix and match from AllClima 3L Rain & Airalite Shells (pants and jackets)
  • Discount automatically applied in cart

Attachments

• 200 x 200 SquareFebPromo.jpg
    200 x 200 SquareFebPromo.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 9