Forloh Airalite vs Kuiu Northridge rain jackets

n2horns

WKR
I picked up a Forloh Airalite ($399.00) Rain jacket 2xl, was curious how it compared to the Kuiu Northridge ($259.00) in 2xl (bought a new Northridge on the sale). Yes Forloh has the REECO, Kuiu not.

Weight by hand was similar but on scale (Airalite 500 grams, Northridge 456 grams), fit was very similar but Forloh felt more boxy cut and the pit zip area felt more bunchy. Kuiu is more subtle and smooth. Way more noticeable wearing 1 shirt layer, vs puffy. Forloh is cut a little shorter in front and back. Hand feel it feels like a lighter version of the Kutana rain jacket. It is definitely a louder jacket.

I think the Airalite is a nice setup, definitely built tougher than Northridge, but you also add more weight (just under an ounce). If the Forloh was a little longer cut front and back. I would go all in on Forloh Airalite jacket and pants. I like the added coverage.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I picked up a Forloh Airalite ($399.00) Rain jacket 2xl, was curious how it compared to the Kuiu Northridge ($259.00) in 2xl (bought a new Northridge on the sale). Yes Forloh has the REECO, Kuiu not.

Weight by hand was similar but on scale (Airalite 500 grams, Northridge 456 grams), fit was very similar but Forloh felt more boxy cut and the pit zip area felt more bunchy. Kuiu is more subtle and smooth. Way more noticeable wearing 1 shirt layer, vs puffy. Forloh is cut a little shorter in front and back. Hand feel it feels like a lighter version of the Kutana rain jacket. It is definitely a louder jacket.

I think the Airalite is a nice setup, definitely built tougher than Northridge, but you also add more weight (just under an ounce). If the Forloh was a little longer cut front and back. I would go all in on Forloh Airalite jacket and pants. I like the added coverage.
Thank you for the feedback.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FORLOH - Cyber Week Sale!

Attachments

• CyberWeek Half-Page 300 x 600.jpg
    CyberWeek Half-Page 300 x 600.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 12

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FORLOH - Award-Winning Protection

https://forloh.com/
  • April 1- 31st
OFFER:

• 25% Off AllClima 3L Rain Jacket
  • 20% Off Airalite Rain Jacket
  • Waterproof, windproof, and breathable- our rain jackets are perfect for all your outdoor adventures. Save 25% off our AllClima 3L and Airalite Rain jackets.

Attachments

• 1080 x 1080AprilPromo.jpg
    1080 x 1080AprilPromo.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 19