Forge Carbon Tactical Super Sport Stock Review

tam9492

WKR
Hi all!

I finished up my first custom rifle build this fall, and I placed it all in a carbon tactical-style stock from a newer kid on the block - Forge Carbon.

Forge Carbon, which manufacturers its 100% carbon fiber stocks in Wyoming, is new to the direct-to-consumer (DTC) game in the US. They’ve quietly been providing stocks for a number of custom rifle builders throughout the country, so it’s possible that you’ve handled or even own one of their products. However, they’ve recently taken the next step and are building out their framework to offer stocks DTC (website should be ready for orders in the first weeks of 2023).

I had the opportunity to handle three of the initial offerings and select which one felt best to me. I ended up with the Tactical Super Sport (TSS).

Here is my review: Forge Carbon Stocks Review

Feel free to get the questions rolling! The review focuses on the stock itself, but I'm happy to answer questions about the build components, too.

Range 8_800.jpg

Range 7_800.jpg

Field 1_800.jpg

Last edited:
OP
tam9492

tam9492

WKR
Curious how you are affiliated with them? Owner, employee, buddy?
No formal affiliation, other then getting to know them through the selection process for this review. Simply reached out to explain my rifle build goals and my plans to review each component in writing and/or video.

OP
tam9492

tam9492

WKR
Some insight:

Kiwi changed ownership about 5 years ago, and the folks running Forge bought a controlling interest in that company 2 years ago. They own that group, and they have facilities in NZ and in WY.

Question about the bipod setup! It looks like you have some trekking poles running into your Spartan Javelin? How'd you do that. Do they sell an adapter, or did you rig something up. Either way, it looks like a great solution.

Field-1_800.jpg

OP
tam9492

tam9492

WKR
Question about the bipod setup! It looks like you have some trekking poles running into your Spartan Javelin? How'd you do that. Do they sell an adapter, or did you rig something up. Either way, it looks like a great solution.

View attachment 511388
That’s the Tricer GTP-RS (https://tricerusa.com/collections/all-products/products/gtp-rs) paired with the Spartan Javelin. Gives enough height to shoot sitting or on a knee, and I’m already carrying the trekking poles anyway.

Thanks for that! I googled a ton after I saw the photo and couldn't find it still. What a genius product. You just made my day!