For those that run Nalgene rather than a bladder

rjf611

FNG
I am also a big fan of the hydrapak.
No sloshing like a nalgene and it compresses and packs easily when not being used so I don’t have to carry a full sized empty container around.

Backyard

WKR
Not to hijack but a question for the Nalgene users:
Do you guys "run" the standard 2 handed twist off top on your bottles? If so, do you have a way to get a drink on the run without setting your bow down if its in one of your hands?
This reason and the sloshing is why I don't care for the bottle myself.

GPool1842

WKR
Not to hijack but a question for the Nalgene users:
Do you guys "run" the standard 2 handed twist off top on your bottles? If so, do you have a way to get a drink on the run without setting your bow down if its in one of your hands?
This reason and the sloshing is why I don't care for the bottle myself.

Standard size twist off. I just set the bow down man or lean it against something. I’m stopped for a breather enough that I’m not concerned with taking the cap off for a drink.

FLAK

WKR
I gave up on Bladders when the drink tube kept freezing up on me.
I mean whats the point? if I cant drink without taking off my pack.
Mainly a Nalgene or Dasani water bottles.

jspradley

WKR
I carry a regular sized nalgene and one of the bigger ones with the same OD. I think they are 42oz? With CapCaps on both of them

I have nalgene pouches on either side of my pack belt, if I need more water I have one of those Playtpus fold up 2 liter bottles i'll use to refill the nalgenes.

One reason I like the nalgenes is because they force me to stop for a second to drink, I kept drinking from the bladder while I was on the move and it made me feel like ass every time but it was so easy to keep moving.

JohnB

WKR
My go to is Smartwater bottles. I use a Sawyer Squeeze frequently as a filter and the threads match perfectly with the filter. Plus it's a good bit lighter than Nalgenes. Usually my strategy is one "dirty" Smartwater bottle and one "clean" one that I filter into. Plus a Dromedary bag that I'll fill up if camp is going to be dry.

Randle

WKR
I am also a big fan of the hydrapak.
No sloshing like a nalgene and it compresses and packs easily when not being used so I don’t have to carry a full sized empty container around.
I bought one of the stash bottles but it tasted like a kids swimming pool. Does that ever go away?

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
I live in AZ so we don’t have much for water sources. I pack two gallons in every scouting trip. Usually 4 scouting trips before the hunt. I carry a 32 and 48oz nalgene at all times in my pack. That’s enough water to last 2 of us about 4days and 3 nights.

rjf611

FNG
Randle I never noticed any odors or tastes. I washed it out with soap and rinsed it out till soap was gone like I do every bottle prior to using it.

Hyde79

FNG
I run a Nalgene with my MSR pump, as it connects directly to it. I then use the Nalgene to fill my bladder, and re-fill the nalgene to carry extra water...

Hyde