For the guys using balance beams. What do you have your scale sitting on?

Luked

WKR
Trying to reorganize my bench a little.
Bought an Inline Fabrication ultramount for my press to get it moved up in height on the work bench. Will help me see it a little better.
My thing now is the balance beam.
It still sits on the bench and I have to bend over to see it. Want to get it up in the air a bit so its easier to see.
Was wondering how you all had yours set up?

I have my Powder throw on a stand as I use the RCBS throw. So its up a little also.
Just looking to maybe see some pictures of your all's set ups to see what might work on my bench.

Blinddog

Lil-Rokslider
I have the scale on a glass, and use a cell phone with a magnifier app to zoom on scale level. works great.

Attachments

• 20240615_175605.jpg
    20240615_175605.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 70

bhylton

WKR
I drilled a hole in the center of mine and screwed it to my bench with a deck screw. I can come back to my bench a year later and it’s still zeroed. Otherwise it would wonder a bunch just sitting on the bench

BKM

FNG
I put mine right on the plywood bench. I traced the outside with permanent marker so it sits in the exact same spot every time, between that and my table being screwed to the wall and on a cement floor it has always held zero

sdupontjr

WKR
I have the scale on a glass, and use a cell phone with a magnifier app to zoom on scale level. works great.
very similar to this. If you raise the beam, you're more likely to spill powder by reaching up to dump it on the tray or reaching for the tray to dump in case.
20230827_121023.jpg

Decker9

WKR
Iv always gone off the bench, same scale / funnel cup and spoon I learnt on as a wee boy in the early 80’s. Never have calibrated it, I don’t think it’s ever given me reason too.

Attachments

• IMG_4088.jpeg
    IMG_4088.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 25
Mine just sits on my bench. I also use the magnifier app. I use a window clamp for binoculars to hold my phone. (Clamp the phone where the window would go in the clamp). I want to get one of those little webcams and use an old phone or buy a really cheap tablet to make it so i can put the screen at the angle i want it.