For anyone interested in Peacocks

OP
kdsulliv

kdsulliv

FNG
Mild flavor, quite dry unless you baby it. I d
Interesting…. What do they taste like?
Mild but good. Very lean bird so easy to come out dry unless you baby it. I made a Mexican Posole with the legs that came out very good. I'd recommend brining the breast overnight and either slow cooking or going for a schnitzel recipe. I'd repeat for the meat alone, probably a 10lb bird feathers and all. The skinned, bone-in breast was 2lb 11oz.

Enjoyed the read. I was there last spring turkey hunting and kind of wanted to try for one but the season had closed the month before.

Mild flavor, quite dry unless you baby it. I d

Mild but good. Very lean bird so easy to come out dry unless you baby it. I made a Mexican Posole with the legs that came out very good. I'd recommend brining the breast overnight and either slow cooking or going for a schnitzel recipe. I'd repeat for the meat alone, probably a 10lb bird feathers and all. The skinned, bone-in breast was 2lb 11oz.
Thanks, always wondered

Yoteassasin

Lil-Rokslider
I killed many a feral peafowl when I was a kid . They were coming in to town and fighting the chrome on high dollar cars . People used to ask if I ate em . I'd say "ya they are just a fancy looking turkey "

KurtR

WKR
I lived by a zoo growing up and those bastards were noisy and we didnt have ac so window open at 5 am they were crowing to beat hell. Me and my little brother made many a plans to kill them never followed through

When I was little someone dumped half a dozen on my folks’ place. We thought they were pretty cool for a couple days. Then they started tearing the heck out of the garden and crapping everywhere. My dad lured them all into the garage with corn, shut the door, caught them one by one with the salmon landing net, and snapped their necks. They tasted good in enchiladas. They are just big pheasants.

Enjoyed the read. I was there last spring turkey hunting and kind of wanted to try for one but the season had closed the month before.
I can't believe they have a season for them. After the State exterminated the sheep and goats from certain islands I would think that they would allow year round hunting for anything not native.