Food grade lubricant for sausage stuffer?

BeatEater

FNG
Hello. I was just wondering if people are using food grade lubricant in their sausage stuffer. My new stuffer is calling for h1 or h3. It sounds a little weird to me, quick research showd that if h1 is over 10 parts per million it’s not safe for human consumption.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I've been using FMP Food Grade Oil for a very long time and am not dead yet. I use it on my stuffers, grinders, and everything food processing related.

OP
BeatEater

BeatEater

FNG
I've been using FMP Food Grade Oil for a very long time and am not dead yet. I use it on my stuffers, grinders, and everything food processing related.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Is there a certain brand you prefer?

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I've used cisco before and have found a food grade silicone lubricant at the hardware store that I've used.

White mineral oil. I spray a little inside the stuffer, grinder plates, steak guide and rolling table on the bandsaw. Also use it on the carcass splitter and brisket saw.

Lard. I haven't lubed mine in over 70 elk and at least that many deer. I give the friction points a rub with lard and let the stuffer and grinder eat.
Another vote for lard here. It's all we use if it's getting near any meat we're processing.

BadDogPSD

WKR
A lot of "food" grade lubricants were initially industrial grade re purposed.

The good old USA ignores cumulative toxicity.
If it does kill us right away, it's approved by the FDA! Same with seed oils (vegetable, corn, canola), originally were used as lubricants.