Foaming bore cleaner

I've used Wipe Out for a few years with good experiences - curious what manufacturer is saying to not?

Chamber and actions need to be cleaned especially with foam as it will go all over and can really increase chamber pressure if you don't get it all out.

I use a bore guide and it keeps most of the cleaner out of the action area.

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
Gas guns and LE dept's scuttle butt . Seems Hoppe's has a warning about it?

With bolt guns I just lean a rifle in the corner muzzle down on a towel, stuff the tube from the foaming bore cleaner can into the lands, and shoot it down the barrel and let it fill most of the chamber (but not more such that it gets into the action). That helps loosen up any possible carbon ring too. It's a shame gunslick doesn't make it anymore.

sveltri

WKR
With bolt guns I just lean a rifle in the corner muzzle down on a towel, stuff the tube from the foaming bore cleaner can into the lands, and shoot it down the barrel and let it fill most of the chamber (but not more such that it gets into the action). That helps loosen up any possible carbon ring too. It's a shame gunslick doesn't make it anymore.
About 1/2 full can, it’s the last I have. IMG_2764.jpeg

. It's a shame gunslick doesn't make it anymore.

I know. I have a couple cans of the Hoppe’s that was marketed as a replacement. I have only used it a couple of times, but it seems to not get as much copper out as the gun slick stuff. Carbon is fine though.