FNG TX/NM

BGNRSLK

FNG
Been popping in an out for the last year. Looking to do an OTC Elk hunt inf Southern Colorado next year (2023). Familiar with the San Juan Wilderness area. Would love advice as to additional units to look in.

Currently military in Tennessee. Have family in the NM/TX region and my side of the family is from NE NM. Unfortunately I’m not technically a NM resident or I’d plan on hunting there but the draw odds are so low for non-res.

Fitzwho

WKR
NM is always worth a shot in the draw. And if you’re planning an OTC hunt, it wouldn’t matter if you bought your tag until after the NM draw, most likely with your NM refund.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Welcome! NE New Mexico is a pretty desolate place! Lots of speed goats and nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BGNRSLK

FNG
NM is always worth a shot in the draw. And if you’re planning an OTC hunt, it wouldn’t matter if you bought your tag until after the NM draw, most likely with your NM refund.
That’s the plan, my dad and cousin are NM residents and they went on a hunt last year but didn’t draw again this year. Not yet successful on a bull.
Welcome! NE New Mexico is a pretty desolate place! Lots of speed goats and nothing

Brother…. You ain’t kidding. Family is in the cattle business so it makes sense. You would be surprised as the wildlife out there. Have actually had my best duck and Sandhills Crane hunting out there.

That’s the plan, my dad and cousin are NM residents and they went on a hunt last year but didn’t draw again this year. Not yet successful on a bull.

Brother…. You ain’t kidding. Family is in the cattle business so it makes sense. You would be surprised as the wildlife out there. Have actually had my best duck and Sandhills Crane hunting out there.

Close to the OK/TX border?!

I applied two years for unit 56 elk deer goats, my grand father grew up out there, would be kinda cool to be able to hunt where he and my father did growing up, I’m from a few hrs east of there in the OK panhandle!

OP
B

BGNRSLK

FNG
Close to the OK/TX border?!

I applied two years for unit 56 elk deer goats, my grand father grew up out there, would be kinda cool to be able to hunt where he and my father did growing up, I’m from a few hrs east of there in the OK panhandle!

Yeah our family has land in 41 to narrow it down.

CRJR45

WKR
I just drove through NM , hunted in Pleasant View Co , canyon hunting . I shot a barely legal Bull . On my way back I got a flat tire , in Shiprock , I think . I pulled in Garcia's Tires to get it fixed and they got me right in and fixed immediately . I offered to give them some Elk meat , but the kid said he had just shot one that weekend , showed me a picture of a nice 6x6 , and his friends , that he got the same day . Then the manager came over , he got a nice bull too , needless to say , I was deflated , LOL . Everyone was so nice there , I came home and told the wife we were moving to NM , she no , she's mean like that , LOL