FNG Northern California

JUtah

FNG
Hey Rokslide, I joined at the beginning of the year and have been absorbing info ever since. Rokslide is now on my checklist of sites I check daily. So much great info and experience levels here!

Grew up pig hunting in north and central california. I chase ducks, pheasant, turkeys but big game is still my focus. Hobby wise, I started fly fishing a few years back and my trips to Oregon and the Eastern Sierras has made me nearly obsessed. Probably because I suck at fly fishing and it's a new challenge. I love it! Any excuse to get outdoors is a good one.

Friends and I are planning for two pig hunts in central CA in the coming months. Just prep trips for some new rifles and optics we got this year. Going after elk for the first time (!!!!) in Colorado for 2017. Everything my partners and i have been doing this year is to realistically prep us for that trip.

Family and I may be relocating to Missoula Montana in a couple of years. Really looking forward to having local waters to fish and mountains in my back door to chase critters.

I am happy to have found you Rokslide! See you guys out there.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome.

Are you going with privet property for pigs? I've never had luck on public land up here.

OP
J

JUtah

FNG
Private land. I've been fortunate to have had access to a cattle ranch in northern cali that had loads of pigs. But access changed for us last year so we're going to try a private ranch hunt down near Paso Robles. I grew up public land DIY pig hunting and it's tough for sure. I've only seen hogs a couple times on public land. Mostly its hiking in the woods with a rifle.

Public land spots ive hunted: Fort Hunter Liggett, Lake Sonoma, cache creek (lake county), cow mountain (mendo/lake counties), and some god awful place around King City