FNG intro

gurmann13

FNG
Hey Everyone,

I figured I'd finally introduce myself after being a lurker for quite sometime. I'm going to be a little more active on here as I'm trying to "broaden my horizons" I guess. Name is George, I'm from Pennsylvania and have been in the military for the past 10 years. I've finally been stationed in a place I actually want to be and that is Alaska! It's been a dream and finally here I am. I'm trying to make the most of my time here and have the best hunting experience I can. I recently got my first AK hunt under my belt. I did a solo Haul Road Carabou hunt. I packed in about 3 miles off the road. I was unsuccessful on the carabou but I'm glad I did it. I had some action and learned a lot.
The main reason I wanted to post, is to see if anyone had any suggestions on any hunting clubs or associations/ chapters here in Anchorage. As I'm new to the area I'd like to develop new friendships and maybe a few hunting partners to make the experience more enjoyable. I look forward to your replies.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member, George.

Eddie