FNG from WI/NC

GooseLR

FNG
Hey everyone, long time reader first time poster here. I grew up in Northern Wisconsin hunting whitetail, turkey, small game and trapping a bit. Currently living in NC because I’m active duty mil.

I was fortunate enough to go elk hunting for the first time this year in western Montana. While I wasn’t able to fill my tag I became 100% wholly obsessed with western hunting. My buddy told me before I went out there that “elk hunting would change your life.” I didn’t realize that he was dead serious, wow.

My wife and I have been decided for over a year that when my time in service is up, we will move west. The agreed upon location as of now is the Western slope of Colorado (Montrose area). I spent some time in this area for work and loved it. However, after visiting the Bitterroot, if I can convince her to deal with the winters there, that region would be my first choice. I was fortunate to do a shooting course near McCall, Idaho and loved that as well but there’s no way I’m gonna be able to convince the wife to move somewhere like that with young children. Regardless, just happy to know I’ll be leaving the East Coast in favor of real mountains in the somewhat-near future.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys a little about myself. I’m happy to finally be a member of Rokslide instead of just a lurker. I love reading posts about hunting, places to live, gear, etc from like-minded people.

Attachments

• 4FCE692B-54ED-46D7-BE33-5594FD8082D2.jpeg
    4FCE692B-54ED-46D7-BE33-5594FD8082D2.jpeg
    524.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 81B74EF1-4465-4670-8E9B-D3BB53D8CFC7.jpeg
    81B74EF1-4465-4670-8E9B-D3BB53D8CFC7.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 13

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new WI/NC member.

Eddie

P.S. You get the FNG Gold Sar today for including pix with your intro. Bravo Zulu.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Welcome, where in N.WI if you don't mind saying? I am part owner of a large parcel of land in Price County. Original Wisconsinite.

OP
GooseLR

GooseLR

FNG
Welcome, where in N.WI if you don't mind saying? I am part owner of a large parcel of land in Price County. Original Wisconsinite.
Oh nice! I’m from a little town about an hour North of Eau Claire