FNG from West Texas

Hey Roksliders...found myself always googling "whatevertype gear i wnat to know about +rokslide" so much, I figured I might as well join the community and contribute where I can.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Mojave

WKR
I live 25 miles above actual West Texas. El Paso, TX.

What are you calling West Texas?

As a Wyomingite, and on and off again New Mexican I always laugh when people that live in the Western half of Texas say they live in West Texas.

To me West Texas exist in a line between Lake Amistad and longitude 100 on the Oklahoma border.

But for some reason, Panhandle Texans and those around Abiline sound like they live in Tyler or Texarkana. Really overly sweet and Southern. Kind of makes me want to take away their West designation.

OP
R
I hear ya on that on the, let's call it "flexible" definition of West Texas. Having grown up in the panhandle, we never called that west texas, we just said "the panhandle". In big spaces like this its easier to say west Texas as a generality. But, boy can that cover another of ground. Since you asked, I would actually say the south plains or Llano Estacado in a smaller conversation. But more precisely, and to my fellow rokslider from Midland...hello from Lubbock.

eamyrick

WKR
So y’all are saying Fredericksburg isn’t West Texas?!!?? Welcome from Round Rock. Texas takes a while to figure out but after 14 years I keep a pretty busy hunting schedule.

Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy from Abilene (West Central Texas, the Big Country, in between West Texas and North Texas, between the Rolling Plains and the Hill Country.....whatever you want to call it) :D

Mojave

WKR
When I lived in Ridgecrest, CA the people in LA would say that I didn't live in Southern California.

Even thought it was in the southern 3rd of California.

That Texas line is funny. One of my old Navy compadres used to tell people he lived in South Texas and he was from San Marcos