FNG from Washington West of the Sound

WaWox

FNG
Been a two+ years lurker here, thought I'd finally register an account and introduce myself after drawing my first elk tag.

Born and raised in Europe where hunting is a weird niche hobby for the very peculiar and quite wealthy -- and those who can stomach the bureaucracy to own firearms! -- so my first exposure to hunting only came in my late 20s when neighbors in the US would tell me about their youth hunting whitetail on the east coast. Decided to pick up a rifle, do hunters ed, and try myself at blacktail in the wet-side Washington state rainforests. Definitely not like the descriptions of those neighbors about whitetail!! But I was hooked. In year 2, I also got myself my first deer down and even introduced a colleague to it and we got him one, too.

Now branching out, trying to learn everything I can about elk hunting, targeting bigger blacktails, and excited to intro yet another colleague to this hobby.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new WA member.

Eddie

WPFY543

FNG
Welcome! As someone who grew up elk hunting in CO and MT, the western WA elk game is a new challenge. I tried saddle hunting for roosies last year and it definitely felt more like a whitetail hunt. Good luck.