FNG from TX

ckuhasz

FNG
Hello, hello!

Thanks for having me, Rokslide.

Joining as I've got across many informative posts in my search for knowledge attempting to prep for my first hunt out West (MT).

OP
ckuhasz

ckuhasz

FNG
What part of Texas? I'm in East Texas, the Tyler area.
I’m down in Houston. I do make my way out to east Texas periodically though (usually in the fall). My in-laws have a place out there.

You happen to do any public land hunting over there?

When I was in college at SFA I hunted the Angelina and Davey Crockett National Forest. Had a buddy who worked forest service fire crew and would feed me info on where they saw good bucks. Haven't hunted it since. I have a local lease for pigs and deer, nothing special but cheap and close to home and then a lease in Rockspring. I've been hunting out west though since 2013 and go to New Mexico, Colorado, and Wyoming.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new TX member.

Eddie

OP
ckuhasz

ckuhasz

FNG
When I was in college at SFA I hunted the Angelina and Davey Crockett National Forest. Had a buddy who worked forest service fire crew and would feed me info on where they saw good bucks. Haven't hunted it since. I have a local lease for pigs and deer, nothing special but cheap and close to home and then a lease in Rockspring. I've been hunting out west though since 2013 and go to New Mexico, Colorado, and Wyoming.
Very nice!

I’ve been talking about hunting out West forever. Finally taking some action and making it happen. Drew an elk and deer tag this year in MT. Will be purchasing an OTC bear tag as well. Hoping to do some bow hunting in CO next year.

Good luck in Montana. I have a mule deer tag in Wyoming and Elk tag in Colorado, both archery. For me it's a blast just being in the mountains.

OP
ckuhasz

ckuhasz

FNG
Good luck in Montana. I have a mule deer tag in Wyoming and Elk tag in Colorado, both archery. For me it's a blast just being in the mountains.
Couldn’t agree more. The mountains are for sure my happy place!

Ended up moving to WY for close to a year during the VID. Was an amazing year! Was so sad when I ended up having to move back down.