FNG From the Hawkeye State

AlphaK9

FNG
Howdy-

I will admit I have been shamelessly creeping on this site for years. It seems to pop up in Google searches often with answers to my questions so I pulled the trigger and joined. What an awesome place!

I have been bowhunting since I was 14, both with trad equipment and compounds, and in recent years started to gun hunt with my oldest son (only shotguns or straightwall cartridges in Iowa). Hopefully in the coming years I can make it out west either with my son or my dad or both- so I am here to soak up as much knowledge as I can. Work gets busier every year for me but I don't want to miss out on an opportunity of a lifetime if it presents itself.

Ready to be able to send some PMs, so this is going to be a long week of waiting. Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge on all things western hunting!

Nate

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member, Nate.

Eddie

Get to applying right away. I was in your same position 3 years ago...same state even ;). Depending on your area, there are a ton of guys to gain info from that can help relate here to our west.

Also, not sure what hunts you have in mind, but even with private land whitetails, I can't help but be bored in a tree stand and blind and yearn for the western experience.

To say my first western hunt didn't ruin Iowa Whitetail would be a lie. I still love deer hunting in Iowa, but now it is for the people I hunt with.