FNG from southern CA

Jlamb

FNG
Hello and thanks for having me. Looking to learn and expand my hunting experience via archery.

J. Lamb

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new CA member.

Eddie

huntsd

WKR
Lot of areas to hunt in Socal. First step in your journey is to get onxmaps or another landowner app. Then go explore the area you can hunt! Still left over deer tags for this up coming season too

180ls1

WKR
Welcome! San Diego here also. The San Diego NWTF has monthly meetings in Poway where we talk all things hunting, big game too.

San Diego Turkey on FB or nwtf_sandiego on IG

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Welcome! San Diego here also. The San Diego NWTF has monthly meetings in Poway where we talk all things hunting, big game too.

Is that the meeting with, ilovesprigs.

OP
Jlamb

Jlamb

FNG
Thanks for the welcome @huntsd, yes have been hunting and scouting a few areas out towards Warner lately. Been spending a ton of time OnX studying areas like eagle peak rd and barker valley, but probably won’t begin my boots on the ground research of those regions for this year, stick with the areas I already have some knowledge. I grabbed an A22, hoping to be confident in the 40-50yd range come September

OP
Jlamb

Jlamb

FNG

Thanks I’ll check out the socials for sure, and would be nice to attend a meeting with the likeminded crowd. I believe one of my hunting buddies has been to a few functions of the NWTF as well.

HbDane

WKR
Welcome from Wildomar. Best hunting in Warner springs is on that damn golf course 🤣

Sounds like you’re starting out good, if you ever need someone to hunt with or shoot with feel free to reach out.