FNG from northern Nevada

vladkgb

FNG
Welcome! I'm in northern NV as well, in Gardnerville. Got the combo tag in MT, going for Elk during bow season. Still waiting on NV, WY, UT.

OP
E
Welcome! I'm in northern NV as well, in Gardnerville. Got the combo tag in MT, going for Elk during bow season. Still waiting on NV, WY, UT.
Very nice to meet you! Sounds like you have a fantastic season ahead of you, best of luck! Besides my already completed bear hunt I'll probably just be hunting my NV draws and maybe a FCFS tag.

How do you like living in Gardnerville? Good spot to raise kids? Wife and I are somewhat considering moving a little south in the coming years.

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice to meet you! Sounds like you have a fantastic season ahead of you, best of luck! Besides my already completed bear hunt I'll probably just be hunting my NV draws and maybe a FCFS tag.

How do you like living in Gardnerville? Good spot to raise kids? Wife and I are somewhat considering moving a little south in the coming years.
Shhhhhh we don’t talk about FCFS

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
I thought everyone knew about the Fresno California Forest Service tags after they became residency specific, but point taken.
I have enjoyed a few of those Fresno hunts and tell my friends about the program and how to be successful in getting the tags but definitely don’t tell the whole internet. 😂

Greetings! Adult onset hunter from Reno, Nevada here. This forum and others have been a great resource, many thanks to all that contribute. I'm planning on my first bear hunt this spring in Idaho and the associated thread on here has been particularly valuable so I thought I would say hello and extend my gratitude. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute at some point. Happy hunting!

Welcome, also from Nevada!

OP
E
Welcome! I’m in Reno as well.
Greetings, thank you!

To all you local northern nevadans:
I've already met one fine gentleman IRL from this forum and it was a lovely experience; I'm very open to meeting more. What are you into besides waiting for tag results? I ski, climb (mostly indoors at Mesa Rim these days), bike, 4x4, carry my 3yo daughter around the mountains, shoot rifles, and am just now getting into USPSA. If anyone has some shared interests and is looking for another buddy feel free post up or PM!