FNG from Michigan

tems908

FNG
Hi all. I have been a long time reader on and off but have not contributed much to the forum. I try to get outside as much as I can but it is hard with my work schedule and 2 younger kids. I'm hoping to do my first overnight backpacking with my son this summer. I look forward to reading a lot more and hopefully I can contribute some useful information. As far as some info about me; I'm a father of 2 boys and a full time firefighter/paramedic. I grew up doing a lot of outdoor activities, I was able to earn my Eagle Scout. Life has kept me busy the last several years but hope to be spending a lot more time outside in the future. Sorry, for the rambling.

Welcome. I am a FNG as well. I am a Police officer and have never done any overnight camping/hunting just the day thing. I have stayed in a few campers or cabins but that doesn't count.

Eagle scout!! I like that... Both my boys are in scouts and I have come to appreciate what it takes to get to the level of eagle scout. Well done and welcome to the the rok (in my best sean connery impression)

Back