FNG from KY

grnhd

FNG
I've been lurking for a while and thought I might as well join in. I'm as green as they come to just about everything on here so all I'll have is questions. I've been hunting since i was 9 and I'm 43 now but I've never done any kind of back pack in hunting. Lots of deer hunting, some small game when I was a kid and lots waterfowl all over the country, ALL DIY! I'm married,two kids. I've got my poor 11 year old son as addicted to hunting as I am and I've drug that poor kid all over the country hunting waterfowl. I've got him into bow hunting and we've been thinking of some trips.I'm here to learn and this looks like the place to do it. Maybe in 10 years i'll be able to actually contribute!

Welcome! I was born in Louisville, moved around from state to state. We finally settled in Campbellsville, near Green River Lake. Now I live in Colorado and loving it!

The learning curve is not as steep as it first appears. It does not take tons of money, unless you want to start off with the best of the best. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise, then exercise some more. The hardest part about coming out here hunting is the altitude/lack of oxygen. I was used to deer hunting...complaining because I walked 200 yards to my stand. Never again...my first elk hunt was 6+ miles a day..never seen an 4 legged animal outside of small game. Second year, I saw 3 cows, a bear, 10 Mule Deer, and had the pleasure of listening to mountain lions flirt in a dry creek bed.

I miss the greenery and the people in Kentucky, but I never had views like this, hunting over a corn field.

IMG_1424.jpg

Last edited: