FNG from Kansas

Mikeha33

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone.
Im new to the site over the last week, and I am impressed! I'm from SE KS, the land of giant whitetails, and bow hunt them pretty hard. Also an avid waterfowler, chasing ducks and geese whenever I can, or when mother nature tells me to. Ive got a wonderful wife, with 2 children, a 2 1/2 year old son, Memphis, and a 1 month old daughter, Monroe, that are my life, and I look forward to teaching both of them everything I know about the outdoors. I'm headed to Southcentral Colorado for my first elk hunt in about 25 days, and I cant wait. Just getting ready for this trip has taken over my life. I am eating, sleeping and breathing elk. I dont think Ive ever been this excited for whitetail season here in KS. Partially, because I hunt mainly flat farmground here, the challenge of the mountains, let alone hunting is killing me. I hope to have an awesome story to tell in a little over a month. Thanks for being helpful, and teaching a new guy all he has to learn, and a bunch of BS along the side!

Welcome from a little to the north in KC. Where at in Kansas? I love this site as you will too I am guessing because I get to live vicariously through all these lucky people that have mountains in their backyards. Hell, around here it is hard to even hunt deer because most of the land is private. Luckily I get to go on a trip or two every year and I have already learned quite a bit from the wealth of information here.

Welcome Mike, I also live in Kansas, the very northern part of SE KS, in Woodson county. Good luck on your elk hunt. If you don't mind me asking, what county do you call home?

I'm originally from Ft. Scott, in Bourbon County, but moved to Pittsburg, in Crawford CO about 10 years ago to go to Pittsburg State, and that's where I still live.

Back