FNG from Georgia

Code Red

FNG
Good evening folks. FNG from Georgia. Looking to get into long range shooting, and indulge my growing obsession with optics. Lots to learn.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new GA member.

Eddie

Mdpate

FNG
Welcome! I grew up in SE Georgia, there are some good long range clubs around that area and down near the coast.

Welcome! Born and raised in Georgia with time spent out west and up north with the Army. Calling northeast Georgia home for now. I dabble in some long range and do a ton of public land bow hunting. Feel free to reach out. I've always got room around the campfire.

OP
C

Code Red

FNG
Thanks for the welcome guys. I am trying to figure out what I have to work with. Can anybody recommend good clubs, ranges etc. for long range in GA? I am thinking about trying to shoot NRL or PRS. I see places to shoot matches, but not much close to me (Atlanta) for places to practice.

I'm also thinking it makes sense to spend a little money on training before I spend a bunch of money on gear. Barbour Creek in Eufala is easy driving distance. Any thoughts or recommendations on them?

Thanks,

Jon

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am trying to figure out what I have to work with. Can anybody recommend good clubs, ranges etc. for long range in GA? I am thinking about trying to shoot NRL or PRS. I see places to shoot matches, but not much close to me (Atlanta) for places to practice.

I'm also thinking it makes sense to spend a little money on training before I spend a bunch of money on gear. Barbour Creek in Eufala is easy driving distance. Any thoughts or recommendations on them?

Thanks,

Jon
Send me a pm. I’m also looking at Barbour.