FNG from California

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

CRJR45

WKR
We are excited to have you ! I can hardly contain myself , but that's par for the course , for me anyways , LOL
Welcome and have fun here .

TexasEx

FNG
Welcome. Former Grass Valley resident. We Texans do an awful lot of complaining California, but I'm happy to admit that your state's got some of the most spectacular wild places on earth.

Ever do any trout fishing?

OP
M

Matrim

FNG
Welcome. Former Grass Valley resident. We Texans do an awful lot of complaining California, but I'm happy to admit that your state's got some of the most spectacular wild places on earth.

Ever do any trout fishing?
Hah, fair! I love trout fishing. I do most of it up in the high sierras on backpacking trips.

OP
M

Matrim

FNG
Sounds like you’re off to a good start
Welcome
Thanks! To be fair, the elk was a depredation hunt in eastern Nevada, so the odds were in my favour. F’in cold for a central California boy tho.

OP
M

Matrim

FNG
I haven’t, but I was at the archery shop yesterday and someone was telling me I had to try there. Supposed to be pretty good I guess. I’m very new to this sport.

jzeblaz

WKR
I haven’t, but I was at the archery shop yesterday and someone was telling me I had to try there. Supposed to be pretty good I guess. I’m very new to this sport.
I've been a bunch in the last couple of years. Sometimes we see animals, sometimes not. If you're closer and your schedule is flexible you could hit good weather and good zones that are open. PM me if you plan to go and I can help you figure it out as the paperwork is a doozy the first time you go through it.

OP
M

Matrim

FNG
I've been a bunch in the last couple of years. Sometimes we see animals, sometimes not. If you're closer and your schedule is flexible you could hit good weather and good zones that are open. PM me if you plan to go and I can help you figure it out as the paperwork is a doozy the first time you go through it.
Thanks! I May take you up on that as it did seem a bit complicated. I work less than an hour from there so I plan to get out there at some point.