FNG from ATX

JJ8277

FNG
Hey Guys! Been a lurker for a bit and finally decided to sign up. Avid hunter & fisherman from Austin, Texas. Looking forward to learning some new things and sharing experiences with some fellow outdoorsmen!

jamo172

FNG
Likewise and just joined myself. Based out of just west of Austin, TX.
I have heard good things about the hunting in East Texas. We're fixing to move to Lubbock but I am looking hard at leases further east for white tails since public land is pretty scarce out here.

Have you been hunting this season?

TXBREWER

FNG
Grew up hunting in east tx. Some of fondest childhood hunting/fishing memories are from there.

Headed out to my lease out side San Angelo Wednesday to start hunting for the first time this year. Was tied upped w/work all bow season.

There are some busier whitetails and mule deer in the panhandle.

Fitzwho

WKR
Welcome from Midland. If you guys need anything shoot me a note. There is some decent Texas Annual Public Hunting lands north of Lubbock in the panhandle. Not much for deer, but some decent duck and pheasant shooting.

Once you're in the Panhandle, NM, AZ, and CO aren't really all that far. I have hunted at least two tags in each of Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, and Wyoming over the last 5 years. Going to try and squeeze in a new state or two next season.

jamo172

FNG
Welcome from Midland. If you guys need anything shoot me a note. There is some decent Texas Annual Public Hunting lands north of Lubbock in the panhandle. Not much for deer, but some decent duck and pheasant shooting.

Once you're in the Panhandle, NM, AZ, and CO aren't really all that far. I have hunted at least two tags in each of Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, and Wyoming over the last 5 years. Going to try and squeeze in a new state or two next season.
I've heard really positive things about living in West Tx and being able to get to some really solid western hunting. Currently planning an Aoudad hunt in NM.

Fitzwho

WKR
Yeah. proximity is key. If I lived in Houston or Corpus, I would likely only get to do one hunt, maybe 2 per year, just due to the additional driving time required.

I've hunted Utah and New Mexico already this year and have an Arizona elk hunt in a couple weeks. It's the same distance from my house to where I'm hunting in Arizona as it is from my house to Houston. And there's places in NM that are much closer. NM elk about 3 hours away, NM Deer and Pronghorn hunting within 2 hours of the house.