Flying with Pot call and Strikers in carry-on?

180ls1

WKR
Does anyone know if I will run into issues carrying on 2 pots (1 slate, 1 titanium) and 2x strikers?

I know I could ask the airline but trying to explain.....

Jbehredt

WKR
I’ve been harassed by tsa for less threatening objects. All depends on the mood and iq of that particular security threater agent.

Grace859

FNG
I would bet you’re ok with that, but it’s imposssible to say for sure. My wife use to have a metal credit card multi tool she carried in her purse that included a letter opener. We took several flights before some agent noticed it and confiscated.

OP
180ls1

180ls1

WKR
Thanks guys. Here is the response I got. Not sure I want to risk the $200ish. Maybe I'll try with my cheapie.

"Generally, a turkey call and striker are allowed in carry-on bags. Please note however that even if an item is generally allowed, it may be subject to additional screening if it triggers an alarm during the screening process or poses other security concerns based on size or weight. The final decision rests with our checkpoint officers."

Thanks guys. Here is the response I got. Not sure I want to risk the $200ish. Maybe I'll try with my cheapie.

"Generally, a turkey call and striker are allowed in carry-on bags. Please note however that even if an item is generally allowed, it may be subject to additional screening if it triggers an alarm during the screening process or poses other security concerns based on size or weight. The final decision rests with our checkpoint officers."
Just don't start hen yelping during mid-flight unless you're a really good caller.

shader112

Lil-Rokslider
I think you will be fine. I've flown with all manner of tools in my carry on and they really only get upset when it's too long of an item or it's a knief. My 10" one piece screwdriver made it on a dozen flights before ABQ tsa confiscated it

MattB

WKR
I think you will be fine. I've flown with all manner of tools in my carry on and they really only get upset when it's too long of an item or it's a knief. My 10" one piece screwdriver made it on a dozen flights before ABQ tsa confiscated it
I had a mini-leatherman get me pulled aside for the sub-2” blade. Shoved it in a gap in the rollers and snapped ot off, but they distill made me exit and go back through the security line. Dicks. 😀

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
I flew last week with one and 2 strikers in a carry on backpack with zero problem. The scope I had in there, now that's a different story. They let it go, but made an "exception". There was a debate about it being a gun part or used as a club.

Swamp Fox

WKR
If you get stopped, video one of those Reaction Videos where you run some turkey calls on your pots for the Guardians Of The Gate.

Be sure to explain tree yelps, cutting, clucks and anything else you're good at in the background on the video, and get full facial reactions.

When explaining purrs, I would avoid saying anything like "This call is da bomb" --even if you are trying to be helpful to the TSA guys who have never seen a turkey except frozen at the Food Lion..

IW17

FNG
Man things have changed. 10 years ago I had a bait knife end up in my carry on by mistake coming back from Florida. $3800 and 16 hours of community service later I was forgiven.