Flying out moose hunting today

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
After being sidelined with injuries for a couple years I'm finally going to go out to our cabin today for moose season. Just me and a friend may fly his cub in later in the week. This trip is only a week but I'll be back in September for more time.
For me it's going to be kinda like a healing process thing. This time it's my head. Get my head back straight. And back in the ol saddle. I won't be hunting very far from the cabin but that's OK as the front porch is a great place to sit n watch.
I'd like to give an atta boy to the pilot we use. Dave Hicks with N2 Alaska. 907-616-1010. He's always been able to flex times and he knows how important it is when a moose goes down. He will always do his best to get you n your moose out as fast as he can.
If you need a pilot I highly recommend him.
I'm blessed to have this opportunity and wish more folks could enjoy getting out like this. I'll have a drink of whiskey n beers for ya

Attachments

• 4AACA1C4-E528-412F-B948-A7C06B4EEF23.jpeg
    4AACA1C4-E528-412F-B948-A7C06B4EEF23.jpeg
    406 KB · Views: 98
  • 79C64E49-44AB-4251-9912-26755EAED3C8.jpeg
    79C64E49-44AB-4251-9912-26755EAED3C8.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 98

AKBorn

WKR
After being sidelined with injuries for a couple years I'm finally going to go out to our cabin today for moose season. Just me and a friend may fly his cub in later in the week. This trip is only a week but I'll be back in September for more time.
For me it's going to be kinda like a healing process thing. This time it's my head. Get my head back straight. And back in the ol saddle. I won't be hunting very far from the cabin but that's OK as the front porch is a great place to sit n watch.
I'd like to give an atta boy to the pilot we use. Dave Hicks with N2 Alaska. 907-616-1010. He's always been able to flex times and he knows how important it is when a moose goes down. He will always do his best to get you n your moose out as fast as he can.
If you need a pilot I highly recommend him.
I'm blessed to have this opportunity and wish more folks could enjoy getting out like this. I'll have a drink of whiskey n beers for ya
ENJOY being back out there after the challenges you've overcome! Being out in wilderness AK is the trophy, everything else is just gravy!

Good luck! It's a dream of mine to go moose hunting some day!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

7mm-08

WKR
Best of luck. It'll be another adventure for a man with a pile of those in his memory banks.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Relax, enjoy the time spent hunting or just sitting on the porch watching nature.

OP
A

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for your support folks. The flight out was perfect as always. The pilots strong young son flw along and unloaded the plane for me. Nice thing to because the beavers have the lake dammed up n the water is high. And I forgot my waders. So I didn't get set until I sunk into a black pit n feel over with way way way to much on my body. So lost some of the pack. Had to stop n reduce weight 2 more times. I've got stuff scattered all over the tioga.
I planned on the 6 wheeler at the lake to get to the cabin 2 miles north. I had it wrapped in tarps. The only spot that the bears got into was just over the gas tank. Bears love gasoline I swear. And the key was tied off with a rubber coated flexible wire tie. #$%`*@! bear ate the key. And the spare underneath had gotten ripped off. No key. And I can't find an extra at the cabin. Time to hotwire the wheeler. The suzuki that always runs great is at the cabin and won't run. Bad fuel pump. I'll take it apart n see if I can clean it up enough to work. So had to knock a bunch of 5' tall grass ferns n devils clubs down. Put up a tarp n winch 4 wheeler under it. Now gotta fix it.
My 3 wheeler got molested and the seat eaten a bit. 2 flat tires. Hopefully the bears didn't puncture them tooooo bad.
Hey the bears didn't get into the cabin and it feels great to sit on the deck. And nights can not get any quieter n peaceful. And comfortable on ol bones. For all you wishing to go moose hunting I could use some help.
I'm having a ball man

Mt Al

WKR
Hope you have an awesome time, get a moose, get all your vehicles sorted but most of all get your head right!

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
It is good for our brains to figure out how to fix broken stuff. You'll get it.

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
And the key was tied off with a rubber coated flexible wire tie. #$%`*@! bear ate the key.

Maybe you need to go look at the bear poop piles?

Best of wishes on your hunt. I know what you mean about healing. After I was in the hospital with a serious heart condition.. When I was cleared to deer hunt on the condition I take it easy I killed a spike. It meant as much to me as a 180 class buck.